Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: How to: Enter Italian sources and citations into FTM
-> PC Info and Guides

#1: How to: Enter Italian sources and citations into FTM Author: Denise PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:48 pm
    ----
I have been researching my Italian ancestors for a number of years and am confused as to how to source my FHL microfilms into FTM. I have hundreds of scanned civil registration records for many Italian towns in northern Italy that spread over numerous microfilms. I am trying to follow Elizabeth Mills sourcing examples, but have been unsuccessful. I am spending too much time trying to figure out how to source these records. At this point, I would like to be able to create one master source for each town and provide all the information one would need to find the original source.
In order to create a master source I have to consider that each town has at least 3 microfilms with about 40 years of civil records and that the microfilm numbering may not be in sequential order.

I have been considering the following methods: 1) create one master source for the town and enter the microfilm number in my source citation or 2) creating a master source for each microfilm

I would appreciate any input regarding how FTM users have sourced their FHL microfilms for civil registrations.

Thank you in advance!

Denise

#2: Re: How to: Enter Italian sources and citations into FTM Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:01 am
    ----
I have created several master sources for each town and type of record and I write in a comment if I got he document from the Ufficio di Stato Civile or Church or FHL microfilm. For instance
"Atti di Nascita - Savona" - Rec# Year/month/day Parte I - Copy received by Savona on 2012/12/31
"Atti di Morte - Torino" - Rec# Year/month/day Parte II - FHL 12345678 Img 678

#3: Re: How to: Enter Italian sources and citations into FTM Author: Denise PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:25 am
    ----
Thank you for your valuable input - you have given me more options to consider for future sourcing.

Not sure which one to use:
Comune, Udine, Italy. 1908: Birth record#52, full name; FHL micrfilm 1234567 or,
Comune, Udine, Italy. Registri dello stato civile 1871-1911. 1908, Birth record #52 for full name, FHL film #1234567.

Thank you.

-> PC Info and Guides