Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: 1940 census
-> General Discussion Groups

#16: Re: 1940 census Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:23 pm
    ----
Oh..i didnt know that. I will have to try...thanks.

#17: Re: 1940 census Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:11 pm
    ----
Thanks again for this. I managed to get everyone that I found before...and..I found an uncle by accident, while scrolling thru to find my father...talk about luck, huh..lol

#18: Re: 1940 census Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:39 pm
    ----
No problem! I have stumbled across a couple of people like that. Nothing like that unexpected surprise!

#19: Re: 1940 census Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:23 am
    ----
I saved from the .gov site. I clicked on download and then changed the name of the file to the name of the person I found and saved it as a jpeg image to my hard drive. That seemed to work for me.

#20: Re: 1940 census Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:57 am
    ----

PROBLEMS WHEN SAVING CENSUS DOCS:

double-check your Census docs after downloading as I have found that some were incomplete copies even though it said it was completed. I went back on a number of saved records to find it was only 1/3 of the page....You need to delete the 1st copy before downloading again....not sure what causes this error, but it happened multiple times on ancestry.com

-> General Discussion Groups