Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Marriage Record from Bronte
-> Translations

#1: Marriage Record from Bronte Author: salveminif PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:55 pm
    ----
Please help translate what I believe to be my grandparents marriage from that I found from the FamilySearch Org. Their names are Vincenzo Leanza and Josephine Mirenda. It is the second record from the bottom of the left page. I hope this link works as the attachment is too big.

familysearch.org/pal:/...c=14439513

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2: Re: Marriage Record from Bronte Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:30 pm
    ----
Welcome to Gente!

Here's my take on the marriage record. Record is in Latin.
Link to image:
imageshack.us/a/img189...rriage.jpg

Vincenzius (Vincenzo) Leanza, son of Vitus (Vito) and Josepha (Giuseppa) Pappadardo, age 26
and Josepha (Giuseppa or Giuseppina) Mirenda, daughter of Antonius (Antonio) and Vincenza Castiglione, age 22.
Married (Sposati) 12 Feb 1907
Husband (lo sposo) born 24 ?? 1881
Wife (la sposa) born 29 June? 1885

Would appreciate other folks taking a look to verify/change.

Biff

#3: Re: Marriage Record from Bronte Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:28 pm
    ----
Maybe Pappalardo; husband possibly 26 Sep 1881 (9 bre): this sort of notation appears in the other entries dicembre = x bre, for example.

#4: Re: Marriage Record from Bronte Author: salveminif PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:15 pm
    ----
Thank you tjbrn and Biff83 - your input is most helpful.

#5: Re: Marriage Record from Bronte Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:03 pm
    ----
tjbrn wrote:
Maybe Pappalardo; husband possibly 26 Sep 1881 (9 bre): this sort of notation appears in the other entries dicembre = x bre, for example.

Thanks. I agree Pappalardo.

Biff

-> Translations