Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Unable to locate information from Iatrinoli Reggio Calabria
-> Non-Italian Genealogy

#1: Unable to locate information from Iatrinoli Reggio Calabria Author: mariapiccolo PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:38 am
    ----
G'day from melbourne Australia.

I have been searching for over 3 years for information from my paternal grandfather side. I have searched on ancestry.com, family link and few others, with no luck. I did write to Stato civili di Taurianova, they sent me a copy of his birth certificate, which is a start. However lm finding dead ends in finding more inforamtion, such as did he have any brothers or sisters, did his mother have family, who and where are they now. Unfortately he never mentioned his family to us! Althought my father now 85years old believes he did have family.

Is there anyone who can give me information on were else l could possibly find the above information. Who can l write to.

Thanks

#2: Re: Unable to locate information from Iatrinoli Reggio Calabria Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:22 am
    ----
At this point I believe your best bet would be to order microfilms from the LDS for the parents using their approximate years of birth and attempt to locate family that way.
You may also want to post the surname here and maybe one of our members can help you.

#3: Re: Unable to locate information from Iatrinoli Reggio Calab Author: mariapiccolo PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:12 am
    ----
Hi Nuccia thanks so much for replying . I am ready in contact with
LDS. As their microfilm is so difficult to read, I live in hope
That someone will guide me in the right direction towards
Something easier to read. Have you tried to read those films
you need supersonic eye sight !
Thanks again Maria

#4: Re: Unable to locate information from Iatrinoli Reggio Calabria Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:38 am
    ----
Yes some of them can be quite challenging but after a while you start to pick out the important info. Unfortunately there is nothing easier to read - I've read what seems like a million. If you find something that might be useful but need help translating it you can post it here and someone will help you.

#5: Re: Unable to locate information from Iatrinoli Reggio Calab Author: mariapiccolo PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:26 am
    ----
You mentioned about having professional people do my work. Can you recommend any. I have looked at a few sites, lm reluctant to release my money to just anyone. However if someone came recommended to me, l would definitely take up their services.

Maria

-> Non-Italian Genealogy