Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Cathy's grandparents
-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop

#1: Cathy's grandparents Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:42 pm
    ----
Here is one of my granparent's wedding pictures from April, 1920. No one has any idea who any of the men are (except my grandfather, of course). It was taken in Chicago. Notice the poor leopard on the floor. Shocked The flower girl Santina Bertuca just died this year. She was about 90 years old!

#2: Re: Cathy's grandparents Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:25 am
    ----
Here in my Nonna with my uncle Henry and Aunt Ange. This photo was taken in a park by their home, across from Our Lady of Pompeii church in Chicago's "Little Italy".

#3: Re: Cathy's grandparents Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:09 am
    ----
Cathy those are beautiful photographs.
That must have taken some organising getting all those bridesmaids and groom's men? to get ready in time. That must have been the fashion then. In 1937 when my oldest sister got married she had lots of bridesmaids and flowergirls too.
Your Nonna was a beautiful lady.
Emmy

#4: Re: Cathy's grandparents Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:59 am
    ----
The last photograph taken of my grandfather, Giuseppe Napolitano. Although he looks much older, he is only 56 here. He died a few weeks later.

#5: Re: Cathy's grandparents Author: DaveFerroLocation: Auburn NY PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:23 am
    ----
Cathy,
Of all the wedding photos we have and I have seen, yours is the most elegant and warm I have seen. The style of the 1900s, twenties and thirties always fascinate. What I thought was new in the sixties I found in those decades.

We are lucky to see your grandparents and now your descendents will be assured in seeing them.

Dave

-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop