Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: HelP finding siblings of great grandparents who immigrated
-> Where do I begin?

#1: HelP finding siblings of great grandparents who immigrated Author: tkconsiglio PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:54 pm
    ----
Ciao!

So we are wondering if my husband has family in Italy still. His great-grandfather came to America and we want to find out if he had siblings that stayed in Italy. Where can I look?

Our info:

Alphonsus Consiglio-
Born: Sept. 19, 1888 in Terrassini Sicily
Married: April 19, 1910 in Ontario Canada
Resided: Wyandotte, MI
Parents: Providentia Zerilli
Gujetunus Consiglio (???? Name is from marriage record and in Latin. I was thinking MAYBE it's Caietanus, which translates to Gaetano??? I know "i" and "j" are sometimes interchangeable in Latin and the "u" could be an "a". I swear the first letter is a G and not a C though... So confusing! I found a "Gaetano Consiglio" passenger record from Ellis island who was going to stay with his brother Alphonso who lived in Wyandotte, MI (same location as the great-grandfather) I know Italians recycle their first names like crazy so its quite possible the name is Gaetano.

Alphonsus married-
Rosalia Pellerito
Born: Sept. 28, 1890 in Terrassini Sicily
Immigrated: March 28, 1910 on Martha Washington
Parents- Vitus Pellerito (marriage record, Name probably in Latin)
Rosa Zerilli

Any help would be appreciated. Grazie Mille!

Ciao tutti-
Kelly

#2: Re: HelP finding siblings of great grandparents who immigrated Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:26 am
    ----
To me it would definitely appears like it could be Gaetano. I doubt it would be Gennaro. Have you contacted member Vincenza? She's from Michigan and has done a lot with the records of Terrasini. Maybe she could help you?

www.italiansiciliangenealogy.com/

#3: Re: HelP finding siblings of great grandparents who immigrated Author: tkconsiglio PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:13 pm
    ----
Thank you Nuccia! No I haven't. I will do that though!

Grazie Smile

-> Where do I begin?