Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Understanding the peitition
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Understanding the peitition Author: CamillaLocation: Palm Beach County, Florida PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:25 pm
    ----
This is Camilla. I just signed the petition but I don't understand its contents. The documents I research from the civile are not erased. Which documebnts are you referring to. Also, does anyone know where to find documents from the churches that go back further than 1821. Confused

#2: Re: Understanding the peitition Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:49 pm
    ----
Camilla there are various towns that although are listed on the Family Search website are not visible to all persons for various reasons. They may however be viewable at the LDS libraries. As more and more towns are being added there may be more limitations placed depending on who holds the rights to the records. Some collections are owned by custodians who are refusing to allow people view them. Keep in mind this only applies to civil records at this point. The petition has been created to see if we can get them to change their minds and open the records up to everyone. As for church records - only a few towns have actually been microfilmed by the LDS. Mostly you must request records from the Churches in the towns by request either in person or by email/mail. The priest is in control of his records.

Hope this answers some of your questions and thank you for signing the petition. With any luck we may be able to swing Church records as well.

#3: Re: Understanding the peitition Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:58 pm
    ----
Just noticed this ...

www.memoriadeisacramenti.it/

Haven't gone through it yet but maybe it will help?

-> General Discussion Groups