Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: TUDDA
-> Central Italy

#31: Re: TUDDA Author: ANGELLocation: UK PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:22 pm
    ----
Hello Suanj,
So much information, it truly is a mystery about the name changes of Tudda, very strange. I know that the name Barilone was changed here in the UK due to the officials being unable to understand how to spell the correct name. Barilone was changed to Barlone and Barlow, until my grandfather (Antonio Angelo Barilone) changed it back to Barilone.
Many of the other names you have mentioned were other people (Italians) living in the same area as my family, it was called the Italian Quarter/area of Birmingham. I have also come across the name Goutra Tudda in my research and also a Maddesmare Tudda who lived in the very same area - I began to think that they may have been related to Giulietta and Marianna? I'm so happy because there now is a wifes name Antonia Chiumenta, wonderful and now also a place Castellemmare Di Stabia (Naples/Napoli Campania region) very different from Castiglione and there were other children. Giulietta and Marianna born in Cassino, gosh, they must have moved to find work or something.
Thank you so very much Suanj, this means so very much to me, my uncle Tony (my mothers) brother died recently - he was the one who had started the family research and I wanted desperately to continue, but I felt that I had hit a brick wall with the Tudda side of the family and yet I wanted to know because my grandfather always said that I looked like his mother Giulietta so I wanted to find the names of her father mother and any others I could uncover. But you have helped me more than I could have hoped, I am so very thankful to you. I now know where they began and that means so very much.

Angel

#32: Re: TUDDA Author: suanj PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:32 pm
    ----
HI Angel, glad of help you.. abt Cesare Tudda that I found in Castellammare di Stabia, I know not if it is Giulietta father... it is hard to say... who know? I believe that this Cesare Tudda was peddler and not sailor.. I no found other records of this family, so I believe that he moved town by town.. however the mystery remain... I found just some little infos, but I cannot verify if the infos are pertaining or not at Giulietta father!
If I will find some other detail I will let you know...
All the best,
suanj

#33: Re: TUDDA Author: ANGELLocation: UK PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:49 pm
    ----
Thank you!

Angel

#34: Re: TUDDA Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:25 pm
    ----
As always suanj you continue to amaze with your persistence when on a hunt! Awesome job. Angel - it is a place to start. Now comes the 'fun' part - verifying it all. Good luck and keep us posted!

#35: Re: TUDDA Author: suanj PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:56 am
    ----
Thanks for kind words Nuccia! Glad of help here!
suanj

#36: Re: TUDDA Author: ANGELLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:41 am
    ----
Thank you both so very much, I now have a starting point and it feels very exciting. will happily keep you posted! Thank you again because with out you both I would still be at that brick wall.
Angel

#37: Re: TUDDA Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:51 am
    ----
Also found this..is much older than you need but might be helpful at some point... IL CATASTO ONCIARIO DI S. ELIA FIUMERAPIDO
DEL 1754

#38: Re: TUDDA Author: ANGELLocation: UK PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:35 am
    ----
Thank you nuccia, much appreciated - have had a look think it will be very helpful as I go along.
Thanks again,

Angel

#39: Re: TUDDA Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:59 pm
    ----
NP - just keep us posted.

-> Central Italy