Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Cardano al Campo, Italy
-> Northern Italy

#1: Cardano al Campo, Italy Author: Seabreezes1 PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:15 pm
    ----
Hi Folks -

I hit the brick wall rather early in my search for my maternal heritage from Cardano al Campo in northern Italy. This is in stark contrast to my experience with my paternal Sicilian research.

Cardano al Campo has such a fascinating history, too! Founded at least 2k years ago at the intersection of two major Roman Roads, it has remained small. It was one of the Plaque towns during the 1631 Plague of Milan. Only "20 minutes from Switzerland by streetcar," Cardano was also on the edge of the ancient Celtic civilization.

Please contact me if you know of any online genealogical resources for Cardano al Campo, or if you have connections to these families:
Aspesi, Ferrazzi, Morosi, Zocchi and CarĂ¹.

For more about what I know about my family, see: www.karenfavazzaspence..._Tree.html

Karen
Sicilian Family: Favazza, Favaloro, LoChirco, Russo
Lombard Family: Aspesi, Morosi, Ferrazzi, CarĂ¹, Zochhi

#2: Re: Cardano al Campo, Italy Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:11 pm
    ----
Northern records can be tricky - not that I am very familiar with them either. If Carole was still with us she would be able to help - We'll keep a look out for you and see what comes up. The way familysearch.org is adding records it's only a matter of time.

#3: Re: Cardano al Campo, Italy Author: Seabreezes1 PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:58 pm
    ----
It's been awhile, and I've persisted with very little luck. However, I did get one piece of solid information which in typical fashion raises more questions than it answers. However it does give us a real date. If I could get ahold of this marriage record, it would be fabulous. Repeated emails and snail mail to the parish and civic authorities have been met with silence.

Giuditta Zocchi and Pietro Morosi married on 27 April 1868 in Cardano al Campo, Varese Province.
Parish of Sant' Anastasio

Now, I know my g-grandfather was Venanzio Morosi, so I don't know if that might have been Pietro's middle name, or if Giuditta was widowed and wed by her brother in law. The town is quite small, so the records would be easy to search if I could just get at them. The other information I have that would help is the DOB for the 3 children:

1. Zia M. Teresa Morosi was born about 1876, and died in 1948 in USA.
2. Zio Carlo Morosi was born about 1880, and died in 1914 in Germany.
3. My grandmother, M. Carolina Morosi was born on 5 May1886, child of Giuditta with Venanzio Morosi

Can anyone get Giuditta Zocchi's marriage record to Pietro Morosi? And perhaps a second marriage record to Venanzio Morosi?

Thank you~

-> Northern Italy