Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation Needed for Latin Baptism Certificate
-> Translations

#1: Translation Needed for Latin Baptism Certificate Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 pm
    ----
After years of looking, and with Riccardo's help I FINALLY received my grandmother's baptism certificate and both her marriage certificates. My problem is I can't understand it and I really need to know - word for word if possible what it says. This may help break down a major brick wall for me...

Hopefully someone can help?

#2: Re: Translation Needed for Latin Baptism Certificate Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:56 am
    ----
#95. The year of Lord 1889 on day August 26, I undersigned baptized a female baby born to the married couple deceased Domenico Fuda son of the deceased Giuseppe and Angela Ferraro daughter of Raffaele, to whom was given the name Domenica Caterina, godmother was Carmela Fuda
(Signed) Giovanni Mangano Economo

#3: Re: Translation Needed for Latin Baptism Certificate Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:22 am
    ----
Thank you Livio - looks like my great grandfather was deceased at the time of my grandmother's birth. I always suspected as much but now I know. Puts a twist on things. Smile

-> Translations