Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: JOSEPH PASSORI
-> Central Italy

#1: JOSEPH PASSORI Author: Mpassori PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:39 pm
    ----
Can anyone guide me to my grandfathers birth or military records in Rome, Joseph Passori was born in 1891 and served in the Italian Calvary about 1910-1914 before coming to America in 1914.

I have attached a photo of him in uniform and my Aunt Betty claims that he told her that he served for King Emanuel III and that he had royal heritage?

Thanks,
Michael W. Passori

#2: Re: JOSEPH PASSORI Author: Melanie532Location: North Carolina, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:29 pm
    ----
I would suggest you request his liste di leva (conscription record) and ruoli matricolari (service record) from the provincial archives (Archivio di Stato). The military records in this area are held across several archives but they will redirect you, if necessary.

#3: Re: JOSEPH PASSORI Author: suanj PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:19 pm
    ----
Hi,
sorry is a old topic, however just to say that the surname was Passari - italian spelling- and coming from Paliano town in Frosinone province, Lazio region, and no in Rome( capital of Lazio region)....
so for the Birth certificate request you can write in Paliano Commune and for the military record, in Frosinone archive.
Here the arrival:
Giuseppe Passari

New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island)

Given Name Giuseppe
Surname Passari
Last Place of Residence Paliano, Italy
Event Date 14 Mar 1914
Age 23y
Nationality Italy, So. Italian
Departure Port Naples
Arrival Port New York, New York
Gender Male
Marital Status S
Ship Name Santa Anna
pag 1 www.libertyellisfounda...cGciOw==/1