Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Pennacchio Family in Beacon NY
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Pennacchio Family in Beacon NY Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:48 am
    ----
I am posting this in the hopes that two people happen to be googling the name and see it. Sheryl Genco and Steve from Alaska (no last name).

About 4 years ago, I was given the name Pennacchio, as the name of some cousins of my mother (maybe). My mother always spoke about these cousins in beacon..but her sister claimed they werent related. I made it my mission to find out.

Biff helped me find a bunch of census and passenger records. We also noticed someone named Sheryl was also searching on ancestry. From our posts here, Sheryl found me and we began to email. Somehow, Steve found me here also..which is why I am really posting this..in the hopes that Steve and Sheryl happen to see it. I tried to email steve and the email bounced. So far, Sheryl's didnt (yet).

You see..its important that I find them..because they ARE my cousins...and I can now prove it.

A couple of weeks ago, I read on the other forum that family search had records for my mothers town, Rionero..something I have been waiting 20 years for. I went and looked but, I couldnt connect because I needed the more recent records, which I was sure would take them months to get out there.

For some reason, I took a chance last night and went to look again..and low and behold..they have records from the 1920s back to the 1860s. I almost cried. But, instead, I stayed up ALL night..havent been to bed yet.

Anyway..that connection I was trying to make..is made. Their great grandmother is the niece of my great grandmother, her brother's daughter...making her my grandmothers first cousin. So..I am definitely connected to these 2..and if someone can figure out what the exact relationship is..I would be very happy. Right now..my eyes are crossing and my brain seems like mush.

Anyway..Steve and Sheryl..if you are out there and see this..email me.

starrgazer905 @ yahoo.com

(2 r's in starrgazer).

And thanks Nuccia for this forum, which seems to be the only way I might meet up with Steve again.

#2: Re: Pennacchio Family in Beacon NY Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:11 am
    ----
I dont know if anyone is lookin' here, but I wanted to mention that Sheryl contacted me. Her email address still works. Unfortunately, I cant get a hold of Steve. Sheryl is working on finding him too. I hope he sees this post.

#3: Re: Pennacchio Family in Beacon NY Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:55 pm
    ----
People might be looking here, but have no info. I look, but don't reply unless I can help. People should post answers here rather than using email. Emailing responses keeps them from others that are searching.

#4: Re: Pennacchio Family in Beacon NY Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:40 am
    ----
Glad you were successful making contact with Sheryl. Hope you guys locate Steve! And congrats on the connection. Smile

#5: Re: Pennacchio Family in Beacon NY Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:36 pm
    ----
Thanks Nuccia..we are both very excited not only about the connectio,n but about the available records, too. I also hope we find steve or he finds us.

#6: Re: Pennacchio Family in Beacon NY Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:14 pm
    ----
Smile Keep us posted!

-> General Discussion Groups