Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with a marriage record
-> Where do I begin?

#16: Re: Help with a marriage record Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:21 am
    ----
Just thought I'd update this thread. After much persistence I was able to find images of the marriage certificate and 3 pages of Allegati on Familysearch.org. Once I figured out how the Allegati records were arranged in the listings on FS (even in the comune of Palermo, the allegati are list by year by comune and I was assuming the chronology aspect only) I returned to the marriage records where I had missed the "Part ii" index of the marriages which contained the record number for the marriage record. Whew!!

#17: Re: Help with a marriage record Author: GigiLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:25 am
    ----
CONGRATS!!!!!! That's a huge find!!!!

#18: Re: Help with a marriage record Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:04 am
    ----
Since the marriage record listed my gg grandmother Grazia Pizzo as being deceased, I now have a specific time span in which to search for her death record. She was alive when my gg grandfather died in 1879 so 1879 - 1890 are the boundary dates for my search.

#19: Re: Help with a marriage record Author: GigiLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:12 pm
    ----
And it should (maybe) list what their parents names are too!!!!

#20: Re: Help with a marriage record Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:34 am
    ----
Awesome Tom! I think the records I like most are the Allegati/Pubblicazioni - they give so much information and you never know what's included. Smile

-> Where do I begin?