Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Milone and Ciarlelli in the Naples area
-> Central Italy

#1: Milone and Ciarlelli in the Naples area Author: Milone-in-Missouri PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:47 pm
    ----
I am looking for history on the names listed above that ended up in New Haven, Connecticut, USA, then some went on to Kansas City, Missouri, USA, in the early 1900's. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2: Re: Milone and Ciarlelli in the Naples area Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:52 am
    ----
There are Milones in the New Haven area and other areas of Connecticut. One is my nephew. I don't think that we are related to any of them directly. My father was the only one of his family to leave the New York area until one of my cousins did a few years back. Where do your Milones come from? My grandfather had a brother that Americanized his name to Richard the disappeared from the Bronx in the 50s. Are you related to him?

#3: Re: Milone and Ciarlelli in the Naples area Author: Milone-in-Missouri PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm
    ----
Giovanni Milone (b.1872 in Italy) and Lauretta Ciarlelli (b.1883 in Italy) were married and when they arrived to the US, they resided in New Haven CT. At the 1930 census, they were residents of Kansas City MO. They did have a son named Riccardo Milone, born 1921, who was known as Richard Milone. He is my father-in-law. I don't have anything on Giovanni Milone's parents in Italy, or if he had any siblings. Thanks for responding.

#4: Re: Milone and Ciarlelli in the Naples area Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:55 am
    ----
Just looked up my missing great uncle. He was born in Sarno on May 1, 1892 and was named Riziero. He went to NYC and became known as Richard. Good luck with your search.

-> Central Italy