Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Birth Certificate: Any idea?
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Birth Certificate: Any idea? Author: vylia PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:47 pm
    ----
Hi!

I'm trying to obtain a birth certificate from my great-great-grandfather. The problem is that I do not know the exact date he was born. His name is Salvatore Pisciotti Possedente, and he was born in Scalea, some day between 1858 and 1862. It has been very difficult to delimit the date, but I'm really interested in obtaining this information. Does anyone know if I still have hope in finding that record?

Thanks a lot!

#2: Re: Birth Certificate: Any idea? Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:34 pm
    ----

You can rent the microfilm at the Family History Center covering births for that time period and research the records until you locate the one you need. I'm not sure but these records may also have been converted to digital images, you will need to check their website [https://familysearch.org/catalog-search].

Good luck.

#3: Re: Birth Certificate: Any idea? Author: vylia PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:54 pm
    ----
Thank you Charlie, I will try it. The main problem I believe I forgot to mention is that I'm currently living in Argentina, so I really need another way to manage the whole business. Hope your idea works.

Thanks!

#4: Re: Birth Certificate: Any idea? Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:58 pm
    ----

No problem.....I'm not sure how many locations they have in Argentina, but I know they have them across the USA and also in Europe.....there should be a list of locatons on their website. I was able to research both my Paternal and Maternal family using Microfilm ---- over the last few years they have begun digitizing all their records, so you might get lucky and be able to access the info online as well.

My daughter and her husband were in Argentina last November and had a really nice time ---- they were in BA, Patagonia and also the wine country.

#5: Re: Birth Certificate: Any idea? Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:03 pm
    ----
charliemis wrote:

No problem.....I'm not sure how many locations they have in Argentina, but I know they have them across the USA and also in Europe.....there should be a list of locatons on their website. I was able to research both my Paternal and Maternal family using Microfilm ---- over the last few years they have begun digitizing all their records, so you might get lucky and be able to access the info online as well.

My daughter and her husband were in Argentina last November and had a really nice time ---- they were in BA, Patagonia and also the wine country.

URL for Argentian locations: familysearch.org/locat...=argentina

#6: Re: Birth Certificate: Any idea? Author: vylia PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:24 pm
    ----
Thank you again Charlie! I've been looking for information in the home page, it's incredibly complete. Thank you very much for the support.

-> Where do I begin?