Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Gianneschi
-> Northern Italy

#1: Gianneschi Author: Bacami PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:16 pm
    ----
My father – Colombo Urbano Giovanni Gianneschi was baptized in 1903 at the Parish of Veneri Diocese of Lucca, Italy. A document from the Comune DI Pescia starts out by listing my Grandfather Simone Gianneschi, born in Villa Basilica in 1879. son of Giuseppe and Ricco Servilia. Married to Assunta Bernacchi. My father Colombo was born in Pescia July 27. 1903 as well as his sister Fiammetta born June 5, 1907. This document states that this is as far back that they have records for this family. I've hit a brick wall on all other attempts to go further back in my Gianneschi lineage.

#2: Re: Gianneschi Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:47 am
    ----
Welcome to IG!

My guess is that the town did not begin keeping records until the mid 1860s after the unification of Italy, and thus could not supply any more information.

If that is the case, in order to go back further, you'll need to request church baptismal, marriage and death records.

Biff

#3: Re: Gianneschi Author: Melanie532Location: North Carolina, USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:11 pm
    ----
FamilySearch has online records for this town from 1866:https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/836194?availability=Family%20History%20Library

This town became part of the region of Tuscany in 1852 and FamilySearch also has records from 1852-1865 listed in the catalog under the region of Toscana.

-> Northern Italy