Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Fortunato Clemente Zanetti
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Fortunato Clemente Zanetti Author: lakeconroe22 PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:03 pm
    ----
Researching Fortunato Clemente Zanetti. DOB: 11/23/1833 Turing, Italy
Death: Brazos County TX 11/5/1891
Spouses:
Louise Luther Zanetti
Mary Louise McKey Zanetti

Trying to locate immigration info as well as any info prior to his arrival in Brazos County, TX.
He seemed to be a well educated man as he is credited with several patents & his drawings are very detailed, and the writings he provided are that of someone who is very well educated.

Grazie,

Marilyn

#2: Re: Fortunato Clemente Zanetti Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:02 pm
    ----
Welcome to Gente, Marilyn

I wonder if this could refer to your Fortunato

U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865
Name: Fortunato Zannetti
Side: Confederate
Regiment State/Origin: Louisiana
Regiment Name: 6 Regiment European Brigade (Italian Guards Battalion), Louisiana Militia
Regiment Name Expanded: 6th Regiment, European Brigade, Louisiana Militia (Italian Guards Battalion)
Company: 2
Film Number: M378 roll 31

Check this link out which lists members of the Italian Guards Battalion; in this list, his name is spelled Zanetti. These were all Italian residents of New Orleans.

www.ustica.org/genealo...rigade.htm

Biff

#3: Re: Fortunato Clemente Zanetti Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:22 pm
    ----
Possible arrival information, line 9

New Orleans, Passenger Lists, 1813-1945
Name: Zanetti
Arrival Date: 25 Oct 1858
Port of Arrival: New Orleans, Louisiana
Birth Date: abt 1839
Port of Departure: Le Havre, France
Ship Name: Baden

Click below for image
img837.imageshack.us/i...8/ah2z.jpg

Biff

#4: Re: Fortunato Clemente Zanetti Author: Camlar2955 PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:48 am
    ----
Hi Marilyn,

I hope someone can help with your request!!

Camille

#5: Re: Fortunato Clemente Zanetti Author: Camlar2955 PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:52 am
    ----
I have come to a dead end on locating my grandfather's immigration to the US and his possible return to Italy and death there. His name is Salvatore Cimo from Alia, Sicily, and was born on feb. 24, 1883. I am happy to say that Livio on this site was able to provide info on Salvatore's parents and I have attempted to pick up the trail but am having no luck. Any suggestions? Grazie!

#6: Re: Fortunato Clemente Zanetti Author: Camlar2955 PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:56 am
    ----
Marilyn,

I hope the info Biff has provided is our great grandfather! It is so excited to be given new info!! let's hope this is him. Thanks, Biff!

Camille

-> Where do I begin?