Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Tony Bennett
-> Music

#1: Tony Bennett Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:01 am
    ----
Tuesday night I saw Tony Bennett in concert. The Rat Pack are my favorite artists followed closely by Tony. He was amazing. I can't believe he is about to turn 81! He performed at Jones Hall which is an old time concert hall and an amazing place. Tony talked about how they don't build them like that anymore, and then proceded to sing a song without the microphone to show the audience how the acoustics work. Every one of the 3,000 people there could hear him perfectly.

He was absolutely incredible. His tickets were pricey, but worth the expense as I'm not sure how much longer he will go on performing. I feel truly blessed to have been able to hear him sing.

Has anyone else ever seen him live?

#2: Re: Tony Bennett Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:01 pm
    ----
I've never seen him but I do like him. My parents used to listen to his music when they got their first stereo (it had an 8 track in it as well as a turntable).

Great memories..and lucky you.

#3: Re: Tony Bennett Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:38 pm
    ----
WOW! How did I miss this? Sounds great Gina - your very lucky. I doubt he will be singing much longer - but don't listen to me - I said that 10 years ago! Shocked

#4: Re: Tony Bennett Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:21 pm
    ----
No Cathy, you're right. He's 81 and tired. I doubt he'll tour much longer. That's why it was so important to me to get to this concert. We bought the tickets like 8 months ago.

-> Music