Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Yes!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Yes! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:12 pm
    ----
I thought that would be a funny title to follow "Yikes." Anyhow, share in my dance of joy: party My new cousin has made inquiries with the town hall and has confirmed that my ggf and her ggf were brothers and that my grandmother and her grandfather were first cousins.

Is it too early in the relationship to ask for old Pics???? I am soooo excited.

#2: Re: Yes! Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:43 pm
    ----
In the words of that great Italian American PHILosopher Rizzuto--HOLY COW!!

Great news, Lori.

You might want to send an email letting her know that you'll be sending her some photos and see how she responds.

Congratulazioni!

Biff

#3: Re: Yes! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:47 pm
    ----
WOO HOO!!!! Congrats Poipu!!! Another wonderful connection found!! Now, did you ask about pictures? I am dying to know. I hope if you get any you post them here! (if you need help with that let me know)
party party

#4: Re: Yes! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:52 pm
    ----
Ok Lori..joining in the happy dance...

I like Biff's idea..its a great way to ease into it.

Mr. Green

#5: Re: Yes! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:02 pm
    ----
I like Biff's idea too. Speaking of which - did you "offer pictures" to your Epifano cousin Biff? I love pictures, I want to see some more!
Speaking of which, My prediction: your daughter will give birth tomorrow to a very healthy happy baby!!! Now those are pictures I really can't wait to see! Very Happy

#6: Re: Yes! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:34 pm
    ----
Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Really, I could not have gotten to this point without your guidance. Excellent advice to ease my way into asking for pics!

#7: Re: Yes! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:39 pm
    ----
Poipu!!! I can see you again!! YEAH!!

#8: Re: Yes! Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:41 pm
    ----
Cathy,

If your prediction comes true, my grand daughter will be born on the same day as her great great grandfather Giuseppe Epifano!!! That would be way too cool.

Lori,

Each time I send my cousin a letter I include a picture or two. To date, he hasn't sent any pics to me but then again I haven't asked for any. But he has spent many hours locating all the family information he recently mailed to me.

Biff

#9: Re: Yes! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:47 pm
    ----
Yipee. I am glad my pic is back! I already asked her for a pic of her immediate family and we have exchanged ones of herself and myself. I will definitely ask for some old ones now, since you folks think it is not too soon. And yes, she does seem just as happy.

#10: Re: Yes! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:07 am
    ----
I would say it's about time to start planning that next trip to Italy! Very Happy

#11: Re: Yes! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:17 am
    ----
LOL. The list gets longer by the minute. We have invites to stay with people in two towns from our last trip, now I must add a third to this wish list.

BTW, I asked for the old pictures! After she wrote me TWO letters yesterday Smile , I figured that she definitely is as excited as I am . . . if that is possible.

Let's all keep our fingers and toes crossed that some exist.

#12: Re: Yes! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:58 am
    ----
Biff83 wrote:
Cathy,

If your prediction comes true, my grand daughter will be born on the same day as her great great grandfather Giuseppe Epifano!!! That would be way too cool.
Biff

Well, happy birthday to Giuseppe Epifano!! Today, would be his birthday! So I guess, no baby today? Neutral

#13: Re: Yes! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:00 pm
    ----
Hey..the day's not over yet, right?

#14: Re: Yes! Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:41 pm
    ----
A little over eleven hours to go for Isabelle to share her birthday with her great great grandfather. If our daughter doesn't deliver today, the doctor has her reporting to the hospital at 5AM tomorrow so they can induce labor. Since my daughter's been having fairly strong contractions all day, I'm still hopeful that today will be the day.

Nervous and anxious nonno to be,
Biff

#15: Re: Yes! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:53 pm
    ----
OMG, Nuccia, I just IM-ed Biff that exact thing!

-> General Discussion Groups