Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Rinaldi & LaMarra
-> Central Italy

#1: Rinaldi & LaMarra Author: CorneRinaldi PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:12 am
    ----
I was looking for birth information on my Great Great Grandfather & mother who I believe is from San"Elia Fiumirapido.

All I have is the following:
Husband: Biagio Rinaldi (birth about 1848)
Wife: Benedetta LaMarra
Marriage date on their son's birth certificate from Scotland (20 Mar 1878).

They moved from Italy to Scotland late 1870's or early 1880's as all their children were born in Scotland.

I have worked through a film from Family Search on "Matrimoni 1860 - 1879" here in South Africa, but found a Biagio & Benedetta LaMarra, but his surname shows as DiNallo. Is it possible that their surname was changed?

Can anybody help with information on where to find any further documentation on the family in Italy?

#2: Re: Rinaldi & LaMarra Author: Paolo47Location: Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:42 am
    ----
Hello Very Happy

You could write (email) to the Province of Frosinone for a birth record for Biagio.
as-fr @ beniculturali.it (no spaces)

You could also write to the Comune di Sant'Elia Fiumerapido for the marriage record.
info @ comune.santeliafiumerapido.fr.it (no spaces)

If you can get either of these records, you should get your answer to whether the surname changed.

Maybe some help?
Paul

#3: Re: Rinaldi & LaMarra Author: Paolo47Location: Texas PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:55 pm
    ----
Hello again, Very Happy

This information courtesy of "quilietti1 and Stanton combined tree" a public family tree on Ancestry. Nuccia, if I am breaking any rules, delete the post. Very Happy

Biaggio RINALDI
B: abt 1847 Italy

Wife Benedetta Lamarra
B: abt 1858 Sant Elia, Italy

Marriage
20 Mar 1878
Sant Elia, Italy

Children Mary Rinaldi ❏Daughter abt 1879 Italy

Gerardo Rinaldi ❏Son 1882
8 December 1963 Stamford, Fairfield, Connecticut

Giuseppe Rinaldi ❏Son abt 1883 Edinburgh

Julia Rinaldi ❏Son abt 1883
Edinburgh, Midlothian 21 Dec 1958 Yolo

Joseph Rinaldi ❏Son abt 1885
Edinburgh, Midlothian

Antonio Rinaldi ❏Son 27 Jul 1887
Edinburgh, Midlothian 21 January 1959
New Milford, Bergen, New Jersey, United States of America

Peter Rinaldi ❏Son abt 1888
Edinburgh, Midlothian 26 Oct 1935
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland

Christine Rinaldi ❏Daughter abt 1891
Falkirk, Stirlingshire

Remilia Rinaldi ❏Daughter abt 1893
Blantyre, Lanarkshire

Runila Rinaldi ❏Daughter abt 1893
Blantyre, Lanarkshire

Alfred Rinaldi ❏Son abt 1895
Shettleston, Lanarkshire 20 Dec 1957 Glasgow

Jamatish Rinaldi ❏Son abt 1896
L Blantrye, Lanarkshire

Angelo Rinaldi ❏Son 31 Mar 1899
Cambuslang, Lanarkshire, Scotland Aug 1976
Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA

#4: Re: Rinaldi & LaMarra Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:50 am
    ----
Hi Paolo - No rules are being broken and the tree is public so I think it's fine. Maybe some of this info with help our poster!

#5: Re: Rinaldi & LaMarra Author: CorneRinaldi PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:05 am
    ----
Hi Paolo. This information is what I have available too and most of the information she saved from my tree on Ancestry. I am just not able to find more information on Benedetta & Biagio Rinaldi. I have emailed the above addresses as suggested and hoping for more information. Is there any website that can possibly help with surnames being changed when moving to Scotland as they have perhaps changed their surname when leaving Italy (due to pronounciation)

#6: Re: Rinaldi & LaMarra Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:12 pm
    ----
The Archivio di Stato in Frosinone does not have the birth records for Sant'Elia before 1866. You need to contact the Archivo di Stato in Caserta.
Marra as a surname is found in Sant'Elia today. The La may have been dropped. There is still one person with Lamarra in today's phone book.
If this couple were married after 1865 there is very little chance that you will find a civil marriage record as the town lost all its records in WW2. Parish records survived but the priest is not good at responding to requests for searches.
Ann Tatangelo
angelresearch.wordpress

-> Central Italy