Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: De Angelis in Ascoli Piceno
-> Central Italy

#1: De Angelis in Ascoli Piceno Author: ruark36 PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:20 pm
    ----
Hi. I just joined the website. I live in California. I am traveling to Italy in September and I will be in Ascoli Piceno for two days looking for ancestors or relatives. My great grandfather, Pietro De Angelis, came to the USA in 1907. His two brothers, Angelo and Nazzareno, joined him in the USA in 1909. Their father was Beneditto De Angelis. The Shipping manifests indicate they came from Ascoli Piceno. Does anyone have any knowledge/information about this line of De Angelis and/or how I can do some more research before I leave for Italy. Thanks.

#2: Re: De Angelis in Ascoli Piceno Author: Paolo47Location: Texas PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:00 am
    ----
Hello and welcome to Gente di Mare Very Happy

There are many De Angelis living in Ascoli according to the Italian Phone Book.
tinyurl.com/modnwyn

Here is what I would try to do...Email the commune and ask for the
birth act for Pietro. According to the manifest, he was born about 1885.
Include in the email that his father was Beneditto

protocollo @ comune.ascolipiceno.it (no spaces)

If you get a reply, the record should have the address of his birth.
It might be possible to find one of the De Angelis in the phone book with
a similar address.

You could research your family at a Family History Center near you.
They have records up to 1865, so not much help for finding Pietro, but you might find the birth act for Beneditto.

tinyurl.com/luqn4dl

If nothing else, once you get to Ascoli, go the the municipal office and present your information to them. Also, talk to as many people that you meet and ask questions. You will find they are happy to help.

Good luck,
Paul

#3: Re: De Angelis in Ascoli Piceno Author: ruark36 PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:53 pm
    ----
Thanks you for your response. Great suggestions.

-> Central Italy