Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Family History in Calabria
-> About Us

#1: Family History in Calabria Author: Balsam PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:22 am
    ----
Hello Everybody

I joined today and am wondering if any can help me with furthering my research. My surname is Campisi and the surnames of other ancestors as far back as 1856 are Bianchini, Ferraro, Arena and Puntoriero.

The home town of my parents was San Ferdinando, near Rosarno and Reggio Calabria. The town only dates back to 1818 so the inhabitants largely came from Ricadi/Nicotera/Tropea.

I have approximate dates of birth, based on what I have found in forms. Some of these have proven to be dodgy and don't stand up when i get to see the birth certs.

I would appreciate it if anyone has any leads or connections.

Cheers Sam

#2: Re: Family History in Calabria Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:50 am
    ----
Hi Sam - if the town only dates back to 1818 then perhaps it was a frazione of another town at one time. The names you posted are all names largely found in the region of Reggio Calabria. I assume you have looked through microfilms for this info or have you also tried writing directly to the Reggio Archives/Town Hall?

-> About Us