Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: D'Andrea
-> Northern Italy

#1: D'Andrea Author: theresa PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:22 pm
    ----
I found out more information which will be helpful. Louis Antonio D'Andrea 23 Aug 1863 had a brother who was a priest. Do not have his name. Louis & Liberata were married in San Rocco Di Premia in 1890. I have several maiden names for Liberata .. Della Madallena or Della Maddalena and Valena. Possibily, her father was Domonic Dellama Valena. Louis came to the USA in Nov 1891, Liberata & Louis Jr came in 1895. I don't know who she lived with during those years. Any information anyone would have will be helpful. Thank you for looking.

#2: Re: D'Andrea Author: Paolo47Location: Texas PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:32 am
    ----
Hello, Very Happy
There are several D'Andrea family trees on Ancestry and most have the same information about Louis and Liberata. Your tree is possibly one of them.

Here is what I would do. Email the commune Premia,
premia @ ruparpiemonte.it (no spaces)
and ask them for the marriage record for Louis and Liberata.
Here is a good site to get your letter.
www.circolocalabrese.o...ecords.asp

One of the trees I saw suggested Liberata's surname is Cerata. Another tree said that Louis father was Charles and mother was Spranza Gaspari.
If you can get the marriage record, you should get the names of the parents.

I think you know the family lived in Arizona in 1900.

Good luck to you,
Paul

#3: Re: D'Andrea Author: theresa PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:18 am
    ----
Thank you for your response. My brother's new neighbor was born in Italy so I had her write a letter to the comune for me last week. What a stroke of luck. I also ordered film from the LDS library. Waiting for responses now, don't know how long it will take.

#4: Re: D'Andrea Author: TropeaLocation: Brigantine, NJ/Bueons Aires PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:46 am
    ----
May help: Joseph D'Andrea, a priest born in Premia in 1868, ordained in 1892, and died in New York in 1926. If related to your person of interest, I have more information.

#5: Re: D'Andrea Author: theresa PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:57 am
    ----
Yes, I am interested. I just found Louis & Liberata's marriage certificate on ancestry. Any information is helpful. Thank you.

#6: Re: D'Andrea Author: TropeaLocation: Brigantine, NJ/Bueons Aires PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:21 pm
    ----
I prefer to communicate via e-mail or, if you want to take notes, by telephone. If we have the correct family, there is much more information than you might expect. By the way, my co-investigator on a research project is a Salvati. Her family is from West Virginia, by way of Abruzzo. My e-mial is: tropea @ gwu.edu Anyway, if you prefer to continue via the forum, I understand.

-> Northern Italy