Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Franceschini in Friuli SanQuirino
-> Northern Italy

#1: Franceschini in Friuli SanQuirino Author: Franksme PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:38 pm
    ----
Buenvenido
I'm looking for any ancestral links to my G grandfather Pietro Franceschini

He was born in San Quirino Pordenone It in 1889 and emigrated to Us in 1904
The story was that he was the youngest child and he refused his fathers wish to goto priesthood. At age 15 he came to Pennsylvania, worked in Baltimore steel mill.

Any info on his family, siblings or parents, or specific resources for info in Friuli region would be great

Thanks

#2: Re: Franceschini in Friuli SanQuirino Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:57 am
    ----
Welcome to Gente di Mare!
I found a Pietro Franceschini, born in 1888 in San Quirino to Luigi Franceschini and to Rosa De Rosa. www.friulinprin.benicu...g/WebAsud/

#3: Re: Franceschini in Friuli SanQuirino Author: suanj PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:00 pm
    ----
the 1888 birth year seeming right:

Peter Franceschin

United States World War I Draft Registration Cards

Name: Peter Franceschin
Event Type: Draft Registration
Event Date: 1917-1918
Event Place: Mercer County no 3, Pennsylvania, United States
Nationality: United States
Birth Date: 13 Nov 1888
Birthplace: San Quirino, , Italy

naturalized...
familysearch.org/pal:/...cc=1968530

and the surname is Franceschin and not Franceschini; here the birth act and the parents are right as Livio suggested:
Pietro Franceschin
familysearch.org/pal:/...,392423602
born in San Quirino on 13 Nov 1888 son of Luigi Franceschin 40 old (son of late Angelo) and of Rosa De Rosa ( daughter of late Angelo)..

suanj

#4: Re: Franceschini in Friuli SanQuirino Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:00 pm
    ----
Have you contacted member Puppi? She has done extensive research on this town and I believe has all the files copies. I believe I may also have them in my files but have them packed away.

To contact others researching in that are use the Italian Surname Database and search by Province only. You should get a list of several people working on ancestry from the Province.

Good luck! Very Happy

#5: Re: Franceschini in Friuli SanQuirino Author: Franksme PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:51 am
    ----
Grazi thanks
Friuli prin website was particularly helpful and all digital awesome

Was able to go back 2 addl generations in Italy
Surprises!

Any good web searches for San Giorio de Susa near Torino

#6: Re: Franceschini in Friuli SanQuirino Author: Franksme PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:18 am
    ----
A bit of confusion
Pietro 1888 was a Franceschini
Luigi Franceschini born Vittorio 1865 also a candidate for dad?
Can't read the nati record
I requested this record by mail for review
Thank Puppi should be of help

-> Northern Italy