Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with another Tax Record (1755)
-> Translations

#1: Help with another Tax Record (1755) Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:17 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone,

I am heading back to Sicily at the end of the month to do some more research and I was going through some of my old files with fresh eyes. I located this record that is the tax record for my 6th great-grandfather, GioBatta (Giovanni Battista) Garrafa. I see his wife, Ignazia listed along with daughters Maria Anna, Rosa, Giuseppa and Concetta. I would like some help with the translation of the rest of the document regarding their possessions. Thanks in advance for any help!!

#2: Re: Help with another Tax Record (1755) Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:43 am
    ----
I suggest that you post your request to the forum TuttoGenealogia. The forum is in Italian but in the section "Searching your Ancestors in Italy" you will get an answer in English: www.tuttogenealogia.it...forum&f=25
In that forum you will find several talented people able to decipher ancient documents.

#3: Re: Help with another Tax Record (1755) Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:58 pm
    ----
Thanks, Livio! I will give that a shot! Very Happy

-> Translations