Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Ghio in Portovenere
-> Southern Italy

#16: Re: Ghio in Portovenere Author: Curci-Ghio PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:42 am
    ----
Hi Biff, I still have no reply from Portovenere, Italy about my grandmother's birth act. I plan on sending another letter, but would like to know if there maybe a specific suite number/street number I should be using. Thank you again Francine

#17: Re: Ghio in Portovenere Author: Curci-Ghio PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:41 am
    ----
Hi Biff

Have not heard back from you, hope all is well.

I am happy to report I did finally get a birth record for my grandmother! I went to US embassy website regarding how to obtain vital documents, which had forms to fill out, so I filled out the form and submitted the letter you helped me with again and finally got a copy of her birth certificate from Portovenere. It took a total of 5 months. If I had re-sent the letter sooner, it probably would have been much faster.

The forms can be found on this website:
italy.usembassy.gov/ac...cords.html

Next I will ask for her father's birth act and her parents certificate of matrimony wish me luck and thanks again for your advice. Happy Easter!
Francine

#18: Re: Ghio in Portovenere Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:57 pm
    ----
Francine,

Glad to hear that you were able to get the birth record. Buona Pasqua.

Biff

#19: Re: Ghio in Portovenere Author: Marko PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:31 pm
    ----
Hi cousin, Angela Ghio would be my great aunt. My grandmother was Gugliema (Emma) Ghio. She was born in Portovenero in 1900 and came with their mother and her brother Aniello in 1903, to meet up with their father in San Francisco. They moved to San Pedro in 1912/13. Supposedly, one of the older sisters (or maybe Bea's sister?) stayed in Portovenero but never married or had children. Send me a PM. Mark

-> Southern Italy