Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Palizzi, Calabria Records (Mafrici, Stilo)
-> Southern Italy

#16: Re: Palizzi, Calabria Records (Mafrici, Stilo) Author: PrimoMattino PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:22 pm
    ----
I am not an expert in this area so I can only guess like you and I prefer to stick to the facts. In the registers of the Civil State you should be able to find more. Pay special attention to the Parts B and C where these cases were usually handled. Tomorrow I will look for more children. Unfortunately i did not find the marriage of Antonino Mafrici and Rosa Moio. Here in Europe it is time to go to sleep right now. I'll let you know tomorrow if there is more.

#17: Re: Palizzi, Calabria Records (Mafrici, Stilo) Author: PrimoMattino PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:30 pm
    ----
One last thought: the name of the father of Francesco Stilo was Saverio. That Francesca named her son Saverio could be an indication (not a prove) that indeed Francesco was the father of the baby. Though I think it is strange that he married with another woman before Francesca died.

#18: Re: Palizzi, Calabria Records (Mafrici, Stilo) Author: PrimoMattino PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:21 pm
    ----
I have found the following children: Domenico Stilo born 14-05-1885, Saverio Stilo born 01-02-1887, Domenica Stilo baptized 15-11-1891, Mariangela Stilo born 14-09-1894, Geronima Stilo born 13-6-1897 and Francesca Stilo born 20-1-1901.

#19: Re: Palizzi, Calabria Records (Mafrici, Stilo) Author: mbakeroo PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:04 pm
    ----
You have been amazing. Thank you, and yes I too like to deal more with facts found rather than speculation. Very interesting though that Francesco's father was Saverio. Do you have Francesco's mother's name? I will enter all these children in and see what else I can find in the Civil Registers as you suggest. Much gratitude for all your efforts !!!

#20: Re: Palizzi, Calabria Records (Mafrici, Stilo) Author: PrimoMattino PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:34 pm
    ----
I did not find the act of baptism of Saverio Stilo in Palizzi nor his marriage act. But in the marriage act of the Stato Civile (around the same date as his wedding in church, not necessarily the same date!) you wil find for sure the name of his mother, his age (exact!), and his birthplace. So the Stato Civile is a much more convenient source for searching than the churchregisters.

#21: Re: Palizzi, Calabria Records (Mafrici, Stilo) Author: mbakeroo PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:06 pm
    ----
Can anyone help with Cemetery Information or photo? I was told above that Francesca Mafrici died 20-11-1885 at the age of 35 years old. She was the daughter of the late Antonino Mafrici and the late Rosa Moio. She was burried in the new cemetery. Can anyone tell me what the "NEW" cemetery is ?

-> Southern Italy