Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: So im going to Italy in a couple weeks!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: So im going to Italy in a couple weeks! Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:27 pm
    ----
First off, Let me apologize for not being here in a very long time.. I have put my genealogy on the back burner for a while due to relocating..

So the owner of my company bought my fiance and myself a honeymoon package to Italy. Unfortunately it won't be near where our family is from.. My family is from Grassano, hers is from Sicily.

We are going to Rome, Florence and Venice.

Can anyone recommend places to see, places to eat that arent tourist traps?.. My buddys there now and said some places have "Tourist Menus"... Seems like a tourist restaurant... Im looking for somewhere the locals go for great food..

Thank You all.

#2: Re: So im going to Italy in a couple weeks! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:52 am
    ----
Congrats! I loved Rome but haven't been there in so long I wouldn't even know where to suggest. But whatever you decide BE CAREFUL since it can be quite unsafe there now.

#3: Re: So im going to Italy in a couple weeks! Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:13 am
    ----
Thanks Nuccia, Yeah its getting bad everywhere.. Cant live in fear, plus the owner of my company paid for the honeymoon so I cant complain LOL!

Steve

#4: Re: So im going to Italy in a couple weeks! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:19 am
    ----
Oh I would still go - just be careful! I had my honeymoon in Italy - and yes. we almost were mugged in Rome (stay near the main roads - do NOT take the side roads just because they're a short cut). Lucky for me I am a crazy Italian/Canadian/American so it turned out I scarred our would be muggers!

-> General Discussion Groups