Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with Amati surname
-> About Us

#1: Help with Amati surname Author: donaldfalcon PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:30 pm
    ----
My grandmother's name was Micheline Amato. She was born in Calabria in 1889. She was married to Bruno Pizani. He came to America in1907 and she came in 1912. My uncle Sam was born in Italy in 1908. I have not been able to get any farther with the Italian connection. Can someone help or direct me to sources? Thank you in advance for your help.

#2: Re: Help with Amati surname Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:34 pm
    ----
It appears they were from Serra San Bruno (which by the way is beautiful), once a part of Cantanzaro but now in Vibo Valencia. I'll try a do a bit of digging and see if I can help at all.

#3: Re: Help with Amati surname Author: donaldfalcon PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:36 pm
    ----
Nuccia, mille grazie. I didn't notice in the site if anyone is using the DNA test offered by Ancestry.com? I have found several cousins I didn't know I had through this service. Again thank you for your time and efforts. Buono sera. Don

-> About Us