Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: marriage certificates
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: marriage certificates Author: mekanicLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:57 am
    ----
Where would I send a request to obtain a copy of my grandparents marriage certificate? I sent a letter to the town of Bianco, Reggio Calabria last year but have not received a reply. Thanks in advance for your help.

#2: Re: marriage certificates Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:41 pm
    ----
Here is a link that shows Filippo's birth record from the comune of Bianco.

He was born at 11:25 AM on 10 April 1883 in Bianco. Father was Antonio Bianco, 50, a farmer and mother was Mariantonia Macri, a seamstress. Right side bottom image. After the link below opens, click to enlarge.

www.antenati.san.benic...ewsIndex=0

No marriage info in the right hand margin.

I'm going to see if I can find anything else online. If his wife Virginia was not from Bianco, the marriage likely took place in another town which might explain why you haven't received a response.

Later,
Biff

#3: Re: marriage certificates Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:54 pm
    ----
Virginia Raschilla's birth record from Bianco.

Born 2;20 AM on 20 Sep 1883. Father Felice Raschilla, 30, a farmer and mother Carmela Parisi, a seamstress. Bottom left hand image continued on top right. Click to enlarge.

www.antenati.san.benic...ewsIndex=0

Since both were born in Bianco, they surely were married there.

PLEASE NOTE AS OF THE TIME OF THIS POST, THE ANTENATI SITE IS DOWN. THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE SO TRY THE LINKS FOR FILIPPO AND VIRGINIA'S BIRTH RECORDS LATER.

Once the site comes back online (that could in an hour or in a few days based on my past experiences), I'll see if there are any marriage records for Bianco online.

Biff

Last edited by Biff83 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: marriage certificates Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:09 pm
    ----
Online marriage records for Bianco end in the year 1904. Searching backwards I didn't find a record for them. In checking previous threads, I believe you said they were married in 1905.

Did you write your request for the marriage record in Italian? Include a self-addressed reply envelope? Enclose some type of ID?

Biff

-> General Discussion Groups