Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Faded and Torn
-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop

#1: Faded and Torn Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:32 pm
    ----
Have a faded and torn image of my father and grandmother that I am looking to get repaired ... I am good with computers and digital manipulation, but this one is pushing me past my limits ... any good, inexpensive resources to get this fixed/repaired?

#2: Re: Faded and Torn Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:36 am
    ----
WOW - great photo Bob! I can't wait to see what Liz does with it!

#3: Re: Faded and Torn Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:09 pm
    ----
Me too. I know she's working on it. Wink

#4: Re: Faded and Torn Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:40 pm
    ----
What an amazing photo! I love the cars in the background Smile

#5: Re: Faded and Torn Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:23 pm
    ----
Bob, after starting to fix this picture a few times, every time with different results...none of which "I" was happy with (did I mention I'm super picky about what I do? LOL)...

I went with this one:

Liz Cool

#6: Re: Faded and Torn Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:37 pm
    ----
Wow another fabulous job Liz!

#7: Re: Faded and Torn Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:01 pm
    ----
WOW Liz - that is incredible!

Are you sure you've not got a magic wand hidden somewhere???

#8: Re: Faded and Torn Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:16 am
    ----
Incredible ... what more can I say besides, thank you!

#9: Re: Faded and Torn Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:14 am
    ----
Quote::
Are you sure you've not got a magic wand hidden somewhere???

I really wish I did!!! I could be in some sunny (not steamy hot and humid) beach somewhere sipping some ice cold drink right about now!! LOL Rolling Eyes Shocked Mr. Green

Thank you girl! ((hugs)) *makes sure to mail those checks* Wink

Bob, you are very welcome!

Liz Cool

#10: Re: Faded and Torn Author: DaveFerroLocation: Auburn NY PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:20 am
    ----
Can't even tell it was ripped, Liz. Are you using Adobe? Great job. I'll know where to come for expert advice. We have one of my grandfather Giovanni Bissi and a group of men, but one has his face gouged out. Might be my grandfather's brother Stefano as they were feuding. My aunt says he is the man standing on the right. My grandfather is seated on the right. This might be a Sicilian fraternal organization.

Don't worry, I don't expect this to be repaired. Granpa must have been really angry, if it is true.

Dave

#11: Re: Faded and Torn Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:10 am
    ----
That's a marvellous photograph Dave even although it's damaged.
( Smile one way to look at it it was better to damage the face on the photograph rather than doing it to the 'real thing') Wink Truly all very handsome men.

Emmy

#12: Re: Faded and Torn Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:38 am
    ----
Hi Dave Smile

I do have Photoshop, but I have never really done much with it (learning curve it's a tad too difficult) only because by the time I obtained a copy of Photoshop I had alreay been hooked using Paint Shop Pro... It's all I've been using for about 4 years now! Very Happy

Though you didn't request to have this picture restored, I had to give it a shot. I just love a challenge! Mr. Green I "reconstructed" the man's face by using what was left of the left side of his face and then tried to give him a hairdo by using a little bit of hair from the other gentlemans in the picture...Enjoy!

Liz Cool

www.raicesonline.com

#13: Re: Faded and Torn Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:14 pm
    ----
Now that Liz
IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!
WOW....

#14: Re: Faded and Torn Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:42 pm
    ----
My mouth is hanging open here!! That is unbelievable! Liz, you are not only a treasure but a wonder!!!
*ducks Liz's whap*

#15: Re: Faded and Torn Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:01 pm
    ----
*brings in whapper*

Thank you Carole and *whap* Cathy (((Hugs))) Mr. Green

Cathy, I don't know about being a wonder, but I've worn a Wonder Woman costume Wink

Liz Cool

RAICESOnline

-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop