Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: A translation please?
-> Translations

#16: Re: A translation please? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:21 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:
The name is Arminia..I can say this in confidence since my name is actually Erminia and I have often had people mis spell it in the past....

Oh yea..and I like the meaning, too. I know its Greek...perhaps a derivative of Hermes.

Very Happy
My personal opinion is that the name is ANNINA (little Anne). I see only one "I" and I read a double "NN" rather than an "RN" as in Arminia, the R in the word Caro is rounded...

The phrase is "to my dear nephew, aunt Annina"

#17: Re: A translation please? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:26 am
    ----
Oooo..I have to go back and look now. You are, after all much more knowledgeable when it comes to reading Italian writing. kiss

Mikey, do you have an Aunt Annina?

#18: Re: A translation please? Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:05 pm
    ----
Well she was my great great grandmother's sister, here is her picture...Nuccia is she about your height kiss ? hide hide hide kiss .

#19: Re: A translation please? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:09 pm
    ----
There you go then..Livio is correct again! Very Happy

Annina must be her name!

#20: Re: A translation please? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:36 pm
    ----
Quote::
Well she was my great great grandmother's sister, here is her picture...Nuccia is she about your height kiss ? hide hide hide kiss .

You know you are in so much trouble right now, don't you?

#21: Re: A translation please? Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:43 pm
    ----
That name for me is AMINA, my mom knows a lady who has that name

AMINA

Deriva probabilmente dall'arabo Aminah, "la fedele", oppure rappresenta un diminutivo del nome germanico Aimo, composto dalla radice ami-, "perseverante".
L'onomastico può essere festeggiato il primo novembre essendo un nome adespota, cioè senza santo patrono.

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo

#22: Re: A translation please? Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:51 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Quote::

You know you are in so much trouble right now, don't you?

Yeah I know hide but I had to do it, if it makes you feel any better, I have been used by every member of my family to clean the tops of their fridge. Ready to take my whaps now... kiss

-> Translations