Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: You Tube Violations!
-> Music

#1: You Tube Violations! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:02 pm
    ----
Checking through the posts that Cathy has so kindly copied over from the old "Gente" I have noticed that several - though not all - of the video links that were transferred with the posts now carry this message and the video link screen is not there....

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

I think that now we are using a www - domain, breach of copyright may be something that will happen more than before when our board was a free site.

But whatever the reason may be - 'rules is rules' - and we don't want to break them.

So....

IF you want to post a You Tube (or other) link, to save any problems would you just CHECK that the link actually opens once you've posted it. The copyright control does not remove your link - just access to the video itself!

#2: Re: You Tube Violations! Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:34 pm
    ----
Carole wrote:
Checking through the posts that Cathy has so kindly copied over from the old "Gente" I have noticed that several - though not all - of the video links that were transferred with the posts now carry this message and the video link screen is not there....

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

I think that now we are using a www - domain, breach of copyright may be something that will happen more than before when our board was a free site.

But whatever the reason may be - 'rules is rules' - and we don't want to break them.

So....

IF you want to post a You Tube (or other) link, to save any problems would you just CHECK that the link actually opens once you've posted it. The copyright control does not remove your link - just access to the video itself!

I don't believe there is an issue with the link. You do not break any Copyright rule if you link another site. The violation is done by the individual that uploaded the video to YouTube.

#3: Re: You Tube Violations! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:31 pm
    ----
Thank you so much for that clarification Liviomoreno, I had almost forgotten about it. This problem - it seems - only arose briefly after some posts had been 'carried over' form the old "Gente"site.

But at the time I felt it better to be safe than sorry in such cases. It was for that reason I just asked everyone to just check that there was no infringement of the copywrite rules BEFORE actually submitting any posts containing such material.

-> Music