Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: For my new web page
-> Translations

#1: For my new web page Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:31 pm
    ----
Ok, as you may know, I can read a little Italian, more or less, with the help of a good dictionary. I am going to take some more classes starting this month. That is, if I first pass an exam. Anyhow, I thought I would add to my new web page in honor of Celenza Valfortore, where my grandmother-in-law was born, a note that I can read Italian...to encourage people to sign the guest book or contact me, even if they don't speak English. Sure, I know I would have to write to them in Italian, but I am hoping anyone who contacts me will be forgiving of my basic level of grammar.

Can I say: Possiamo leggere l'italiano. (We can read Italian)? Is that grammatically correct? Or possiamo parlare un po' d' italiano (we can speak a little Italian)?

Any suggestions?

#2: Re: For my new web page Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:22 pm
    ----
They are both correct. But in this context, it's better to say "Parliamo un po' di Italiano".
Wink

#3: Re: For my new web page Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:51 pm
    ----
Thank you very much, Simy!

#4: Re: For my new web page Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:55 pm
    ----
you're welcome! Wink

-> Translations