Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Italians In America--The Way We Were
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Italians In America--The Way We Were Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:28 pm
    ----
With Columbus Day around the corner, I thought you'd like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=U08Bv7UQT1w

Biff

#2: Re: Italians In America--The Way We Were Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:44 pm
    ----
Thanks Biff for sharing this. It reminded me a lot of when I grew up in New York. I swear it was a carbon copy of our lives there.
Until October 12, 1974..(Columbus Day weekend).........

My grandmother Erminia Polito Salvati passed away that day which pretty much changed things for us. Now, keep in mind, my grandmother was actually American born but she was raised in Italy from the time she was only a few years old but while my mom came to North America at a late age and still observed many of the Italian traditions (she still does) my aunt and uncle were very Americanized. They both went to New York when they were young.

Lots of memories...
R.I.P Grandma...still thinking of you.

#3: Re: Italians In America--The Way We Were Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:47 pm
    ----
That was great! Thanks for sharing!

#4: Re: Italians In America--The Way We Were Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:00 pm
    ----
Nuccia, please post a picture of your grandfather, I need it. Thanks!

Mikey

#5: Re: Italians In America--The Way We Were Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:21 pm
    ----
Here's a picture of my grandfather Ernesto Salvati.

and heres a picture of my Paternal grandfather, Francesco "Bruno" Angilletta

I'll post one of my Paternal Grandmother once I upload it to my site.

#6: Re: Italians In America--The Way We Were Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:23 am
    ----
Great pictures, thanks for sharing!!
Riccardo

#7: Re: Italians In America--The Way We Were Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:05 pm
    ----
What a wonderful heritage you all have....

You are so lucky!

-> General Discussion Groups