Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Happy Thanksgiving Canada
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Happy Thanksgiving Canada Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:06 pm
    ----
Well, its Thanksgiving weekend here and the last long weekend until Christmas. Liz asked why Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving here so I linked a site that will give you a basic idea of why..

www.twilightbridge.com...ng/canada/

Last edited by nuccia on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Canada Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:13 pm
    ----
Link isn't working.

#3: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Canada Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:21 pm
    ----
Thanks Lori. Embarassed

Try it now...

#4: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Canada Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:24 pm
    ----
A Prayer of Thanksgiving

Father of the Ages,

Thank You

for providing everything we need.

Thank You for grandparents

who prayed for us before we were born

as we pray for the grandchildren of our grandchildren.

Thank You for teaching us to love

by loving us,

for all the love You give and we share.

Thank You for surrounding us with the miracle of Your creation,

for the heavens

and the sparrows.

Thank You for laughter and others to laugh with,

for service and others to serve with.

Thank You for

health, sight, hearing,

hands to work

and hands to hold,

holidays and beauty,

books and music,

children,

food,

rest,

homes,

and

memories.

My my, we are so blessed.

Thank you for being here,

watching, caring, helping.

Glory to Your name!

Thank You for who You are.

Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving!
Biff

Last edited by Biff83 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Canada Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:26 pm
    ----
That was beautiful Biff!

Thanks! kiss

#6: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Canada Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:38 pm
    ----
Happy Thanksgiving Nuccia and to all Canadians! So, whats on the typical Italian-Canadian's menu?
Biff, that was very nice.

#7: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Canada Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:45 pm
    ----
So Nuccia?

How did a nice New York Girl like yourself end up celebrating the wrong thanksgiving? Razz

#8: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Canada Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:18 pm
    ----
Actually Mauro,

I am Canadian born. My parents moved to New York when I was only six in 1970, so my mother could be with her parents and siblings. They said America was the land of opportunity.

After five years of that, and two weeks before we naturalized my Dad packed everything up and we headed "home" to Canada. Of course, one of the major reasons was that my grandparents passed away. Grandma passed away Oct 12, 1974 and Grandpa followed three months later in Jan 1975.

And we've been here ever since...

#9: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Canada Author: gogangaLocation: North Italy PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:52 pm
    ----
Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians!!!!!!!!

#10: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Canada Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:11 am
    ----
To all Canadians - but especially Nuccia and her family!

-> General Discussion Groups