Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Map of Central Italy
-> Central Italy

#1: Map of Central Italy Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:53 pm
    ----

#2: Re: Map of Central Italy Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:46 am
    ----
That's an interesting map
Where did yo find it?
It does not list all the provinces and some of the locations listed are not provinces...

#3: Re: Map of Central Italy Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:10 am
    ----
Nuccia and I decided that we wanted something simple that would indicate to our members which regions were (could be) included in 'Central Italy'. That question had been asked and was a very valid one.

You commented yourself that
Quote::
"I don't believe there is an official statement on what constitute central, North or South Italy, however Toscana, Marche, Umbria, Abruzzo and Lazio, together with Sardegna are definitely Central!"
and that was a very valid point - so we dicided that some sort of visual guideline would be useful. Hence our choice of THIS map. Chosen to show which 'regions' we would consider to be in 'Central Italy'. This woud then indicate that (for Gente di Mare) from Molise and Campania DOWN would be Southern Italy and from Liguria and Emilia Romagna UP would be Northern Italy.

From a personal point of view I have always thought of 'The Islands' as being almost a region on their own....perhaps they should have their own forum too.

#4: Re: Map of Central Italy Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:17 am
    ----
Carole, I did not mean to blame you. Embarassed

You did the right thing I was just wondering where you find the map and what's behind it since it lists some of the natural parks in Central Italy.

And you are also correct when you say that the Islands Sicily and Sardinia are often mention together as a 4th mega-region...

However I believe that it is also correcto to considery Sicily as part of South Italy.
kiss kiss kiss

#5: Re: Map of Central Italy Author: Melanie532Location: North Carolina, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:29 am
    ----
Central Italy usually consists of the regions of Lazio, Umbria, Marche, and Toscana. See the Comuni-Italian.it website at en.comuni-italiani.it/...ntro.html.

#6: Re: Map of Central Italy Author: Ed_B PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:48 pm
    ----
Hello all. I'm new here so please excuse my ignorance. Would Sant'Elia, (Frosinone Province? is it a province or just a region?) be consider Central or North. It would seem to be right on the line by the descriptions above. I'm asking so I can know where to post more questions about my search. Thanks.

#7: Re: Map of Central Italy Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:43 am
    ----
Sant'Elia Fiumerapido, is part of the Province of Frosinone and the Region Lazio. Central Italy

-> Central Italy