Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: How to let go
-> General Discussion Groups

#31: Re: How to let go Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:48 pm
    ----
yep....sometime around Thanksgiving. I will take pictures and post them for all of you to share the moment with me since it wouldn't have been possible without your encouragement.

#32: Re: How to let go Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:40 pm
    ----
Gina, let me know the exact day, and I will go to watch. I can't wait to meet you, even if it is at a cemetery lol.

#33: Re: How to let go Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:53 pm
    ----
Gina,

Will you also try and come here when you go on your vacation or is that for another time? We are looking forward to meeting you and your husband. Mike, you are also invited of course....I need another 16 year old to tune up!

#34: Re: How to let go Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:44 pm
    ----
Nuccia, as far as it goes right now, we are planning on coming to Canada as well. I will bring Mike with me if his mom lets him come. You won't get to meet Jim. He's staying with the dogs. But you will get to meet Iggy - my father. And Mike....the cemetery would be the perfect place for you and I to meet in person. Wouldn't it??? Mr. Green

#35: Re: How to let go Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:58 pm
    ----
I can't wait! Let me know the date!

#36: Re: How to let go Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:36 pm
    ----
Gina501 wrote:
Nuccia, as far as it goes right now, we are planning on coming to Canada as well. I will bring Mike with me if his mom lets him come. You won't get to meet Jim. He's staying with the dogs. But you will get to meet Iggy - my father. And Mike....the cemetery would be the perfect place for you and I to meet in person. Wouldn't it??? Mr. Green

My mom would have no problem with that, I am afraid to leave all my stuff at home though...I did that when I went to Europe once, cane back all my genealogy stuff was in the attic! And yes the cemetery would be a perfect spot for us to meet, we could go visit all our graves together Mr. Green .

#37: Re: How to let go Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:15 pm
    ----
Ok Cathy, Elizabeth. I am hoping you two can bring me the same luck you both brought me last Saturday night. I can vividly recall that Tiramisu I was eating when I got your emails about the Brambilla post..... <sigh>

Anyway, I have not heard a peep from that person. I tried everything - posts, PMs even emails and nothing......

Please, you two, I am dying to hear from this person. Bring me that old Gente luck once more...... I will have my phone with me as usual, just in case.

#38: Re: How to let go Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:46 pm
    ----
OK Gina - I shot an email to address they left. Let's see if I really do have a golden touch or not. I'm hoping I do!!

#39: Re: How to let go Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:53 pm
    ----
Gina -

By coincidence I found this - take note of the name. www.youtube.com/watch?...SWAI0&NR=1

#40: Re: How to let go Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:33 pm
    ----
Elizabeth you DO have the golden touch. He wrote back to me finally!

I will post his email tonight. I am swamped at work. We had our big fundraiser yesterday and now that it's over the real work begins.

#41: Re: How to let go Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:37 pm
    ----
Oh Gina..

I'm dying to hear about this! Billie, you rock!

#42: Re: How to let go Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:14 pm
    ----
We Italians got it goin' on!!!! Can't wait to see the email Gina.

Billie

#43: Re: How to let go Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:30 pm
    ----
Sorry all that it took me so long to get back to this. Here is Walt's response.

Hi Gina,

The Brambillas that I am looking for landing in America in the New York. Some
settled in New Jersey and then went to Smithtown, Long Island, New York.

Lorenzo immigrated to America between 1877 and 1881. On 23 October 1888
Lorenzo Brambilla gave oath to his intention to become a Citizen of the United
States. Then in 1911 he received his citizenship after two tries.

According to the U.S. Census he was born circa 1856. And what I understand
his birthplace was Cremora. I believe that his was married twice, but have no
proof. All the children that I have listed came from his second wife, Maria
Zonaboni [Zanaboni]. They were married in 1894 Brooklyn, New York.

I believe that in 1898 Lorenzo and Maria went back to Italy. The reason I say
this is because according to the 1910, 1920 and 1930 U. S. Census they have
their third child Leo being born in Italy on 9 June 1898.

Would send you the complete family tree if you think it would help. I know
that there was another Brambilla family that went West around the
Chicago/Detroit area. I do not know if they are connected. I believe they
came to America about 20-25 years prior to Lorenzo.

Regards,
Walt

Unfortunately this doesn't tell me much. My Brambilla's, judging by the age, would be the parents to his oldest known Brambillas. But I asked him to send me the complete history and I will take it back from there and see what I can connect. Let's keep our fingers crossed, as Riccardo would say.

#44: Re: How to let go Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:46 am
    ----
I still have hope Gina. Whenever I'm looking up information for myself or a cousin I always keep my eye out for the people you're searching for. Never give up.

-> General Discussion Groups