Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: New Resources Board
-> Resource Pages

#1: New Resources Board Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:31 am
    ----
Welcome to the new Resource Board. Here you will find links to databases we find that will be useful to your research.

Look forward to hearing what you think about this board and if you find it useful at all.

Last edited by nuccia on Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: New Resouces Board Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:21 am
    ----
Nuccia

This is a great idea... A one stop serves all site for databases!

#3: Re: New Resources Board Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:13 pm
    ----
OK - here I go again.....

How do we record OR access these links? Or will they just be added in posts like these?

#4: Re: New Resources Board Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:19 pm
    ----
i think Nuccia locked the resource page with the idea that the thread itself would serve like a list of links.... si or no?

#5: Re: New Resources Board Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:23 pm
    ----
That's right. Each page with a resource link will be locked. Do you think I should keep them unlocked? I only want them to serve as a reference thread and not for discussion...what are your thoughts?

#6: Re: New Resources Board Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:54 pm
    ----
my opinion :- better as a reference section and any enquiries regarding these resources could be posted in the relevant part of the forum eg South Italy, Central Italy, North Italy. I think that way it would be easier for people to research the information. It would be like a library - and you dont write in library books, (at least you shouldnt!) Wink - you browse hide hide hide
Emmy

#7: Re: New Resources Board Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:58 pm
    ----
I think you would still be able to copy and take a print out from the information if it was relevant to your research. Yes? No?
Emmy

I know I wouldnt mind anyone doing this from the information I give here.

#8: Re: New Resources Board Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:21 pm
    ----
Yes Emmy,

That is exactly what I had in mind..a "library" and yes, you could still use the information found on the pages. After all, thats why we're doing this, right? To make contact and to help others. I love ancestry but I think its so sad that people contribute so much info by making family trees and offering records and they turn around and charge others to see it. I have found that so much of the information they offer is available on other sites, for free. You just have to know where to look.

Now I don't want to be the only one to contribute things here. Everyone is welcome to do it. I will then lock the threads.

But again, I would still like to here what others think. Maybe there is another way..a better way..? I'm open to suggestions.

#9: Re: New Resources Board Author: wldspiritLocation: Usa PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:55 am
    ----
Nuccia......wonderful idea!!

I had started to submit sites to Bob's wiki, only had the chance to do a fourth of the sites I have bookmarked......and now that I am back on dial up, I find it impossible to surf the web as I did with Dsl.......perhaps you could copy the links I had submitted to Bob's wiki and post them here????

All of them are free sites, and many of them are to transcribed databases...
Lee

#10: Re: New Resources Board Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:18 pm
    ----
Thanks Lee..maybe I will do that..

and maybe even provide the link back to Bobs Wiki. We'll see how it goes.

#11: Re: New Resources Board Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:07 pm
    ----
I think a library page would be wonderful-- it seems like anytime I have a question, I get multiple helpful responses with links, etc. I've started bookmarking them all, but it would be great to have them in one place for current and future members.

#12: Re: New Resources Board Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:27 am
    ----
A kind of "Gente di Mare Library Look-up" page could be a wonderful quick link to various 'shelves' within the library.

With care (I'm trying to think 'outside the box' here...) each shelf could have it's 'content title' a bit like a real library and then a 'sub-section index' for the 'links' - for example:

Languages
Handwriting
Translations
Comunes
Culture
Design add-ons
Research sites
Blogs
Security
etc. etc. etc......

Oh - the list is endless! Lay-out for the 'Content Title' shelves and the subsequent links (I think) would really work out quite well using the super grid template that Nuccia has just devised and used for the new Surname Database......

#13: Re: New Resources Board Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:19 am
    ----
Shocked Shocked Oh Carole your man should have had a ladder to hold on to. Shocked Shocked Wink Wink Wink Smile

You must think about 'safety' while on the computer Wink Twisted Evil hide hide hide hide
Emmy

-> Resource Pages