Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: guestbook advice
-> PC Info and Guides

#1: guestbook advice Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:17 am
    ----
I notice on my web page that the guestbook is the second most frequented page, after the home page. However, only 4 people have signed it. Is there some advice you can give me for encouraging visitors to sign the guestbook. I don't require the e-mail address or a last name, so that should not be holding people back.

#2: Re: guestbook advice Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:29 am
    ----
Lori,

Simply just ask. Let them know you would appreciate it if they signed it. People will make their own decision after that.

Last edited by nuccia on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: guestbook advice Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:49 am
    ----
Lori, I have the same issue. Always have. People visit and read the entries but don't sign. I have even had people in my guest book say they have gotten hits to their site from my guestbook.

#4: Re: guestbook advice Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:03 pm
    ----
Hello, How do you install a sign in questbook and counter to the my website? Do you install the sign book and counter only to the first page or all the pages?

Vincenza

#5: Re: guestbook advice Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:31 pm
    ----
www.e-guestbooks.com/

This is what I used for a free guest book. I like it because you have to type in a code before you post to prevent spam from getting at your guestbook. They give you code that you put on the page on which you want your guestbook to appear. The counter I only put on my homepage, but you put the statcounter code on every page to find out how many people visit each page.

#6: Re: guestbook advice Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:17 pm
    ----
Ok, I signed up for the e-guestbook, But, I for the life of me am having a diffecult time setting it up on my site.
Embarassed
Is there anyone that can walk me thru in setting this up?

Please

Thank you

#7: Re: guestbook advice Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:34 pm
    ----
Let me have a look at it and I'll see if I can help you. Otherwise, Lori, Gina or Cathy can walk you through it as I never have any luck with guestbooks.

Oh..and I believe Carole can help as well (although I know shes buried knee deep in Naughty Nina right now!) Very Happy

#8: Re: guestbook advice Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:15 pm
    ----
thank you, you all are great helpful people.

Vincenza

#9: Re: guestbook advice Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:24 pm
    ----
Vincenza, I'm not home today, but if you want to call me at work tomorrow I can walk you through it. At least, I can try. It took me some time to get it too.

#10: Re: guestbook advice Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:39 pm
    ----
That would be great. But evening time will be better for me. Will that work for you? Sometime it's a little hard to understand anything when the kids are up and around. Hope you understand.

Let me know if it's ok. (Either tonite or Thrusday night)

Thanks

Vincenza

-> PC Info and Guides