Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need help translating birth record
-> Translations

#1: Need help translating birth record Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:32 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone!

I have found what I think is the birth record for my great great grandfather (would that be my bisbisnonno?), but it's very difficult to read. The record is from 1839 I think. Anyone care to try a translation? I think most of the important information is on the first page, but there was also some additional information on the following page (I'm not sure about what it says at all...)

I have put up an enlarged version of the record here-- they may load a little slowly:

Birth Record - first page

Birth Record - second page

Any help would be wonderful!!

#2: Re: Need help translating birth record Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:28 am
    ----
JB5150 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I have found what I think is the birth record for my great great grandfather (would that be my bisbisnonno?), but it's very difficult to read. The record is from 1839 I think. Anyone care to try a translation? I think most of the important information is on the first page, but there was also some additional information on the following page (I'm not sure about what it says at all...)

I have put up an enlarged version of the record here-- they may load a little slowly:

Birth Record - first page

Birth Record - second page

Any help would be wonderful!!

great great grandfather = trisnonno

The document is very hard to read.

From the first page I could only understand that the Antonino was born on Oct 2nd, 183x. His mother was Carmela Canneta (26 years old), his father was Luigi (surname unreadable) son of Vincenzo. Antonino was Baptized on Oct 3.

#3: Re: Need help translating birth record Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:17 pm
    ----
Thank you, Livio!!

I'm sorry it was so hard to read-- I was surprised I was even able to locate the record, because all of the records on that LDS film look like that. The quality of the record was a little bit better on the film reader, but every time I scanned it, it got a little more blurry.

Next time I go to the Family History Center, I think I will hand copy the record so maybe it will be a little easier to translate.

Thanks again!!!

-> Translations