Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Padre Pio monuments
-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop

#1: Padre Pio monuments Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:34 am
    ----
I have added two pics to my gallery of Padre Pio monuments in Celenza Valfortore (FG) and Paduli (BN). I thought that it would be neat if any of you have pics of a local Padre Pio monument in your ancestral towns to post them as well. I have a feeling that they are all over all the towns and villages, especially southern Italy. If we have a bunch, we can even post them in a separate gallery.

Just an idea for a group project! Wink

#2: Re: Padre Pio monuments Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:12 pm
    ----
Poipu - I love that idea. I really like the photo album feature on this forum! Smile I really enjoyed your pictures especially Padre Pio. I have uploaded a few too. I also added a picture of a war monument for Biff. Since he is our resident military expert I thought he might like it. On my original picture you can see some of the names. I also have a picture from Cortale's war monument if anyone would like to see it.

#3: Re: Padre Pio monuments Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:55 pm
    ----
Hey, how did you get that cute avatar?

Ok, back on topic...I did a google search for Padre Pio monuments and I can't believe how many there are! Even in the US. I hope others will hop on the wagon.

#4: Re: Padre Pio monuments Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:39 pm
    ----
I made my avatar out of a regular photo and added my name. I can do one for you if you send me a picture. It's really very simple with the program I use.
OK I cannot find a monument to Padre Pio in any of my comune but I did find a picture of the house he was born in.

#5: Re: Padre Pio monuments Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:13 am
    ----
Yipee! I see there is another Padre Pio monument pic. in the gallery. Where is it from?

#6: Re: Padre Pio monuments Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:39 am
    ----
Poipu04 wrote:
Yipee! I see there is another Padre Pio monument pic. in the gallery. Where is it from?
I think I did that Shocked I'm at work and will have to check when I get home. I forgot! Embarassed

#7: Re: Padre Pio monuments Author: AlessandraLocation: Naples - Italy PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:22 am
    ----
More times I have visited the house where Padre Pio r to Pietrelcina was born (Benevento) and is very frequented by the pilgrims coming from every part of Italy or the world.
There are various rooms, also the bed of the parents of Padre Pio, his/her desk and of the personal effects.
My grandmother has had the fortune to know Padre Pio and she has told me that every time that she followed a mass of Padre Pioo she lasted times and when she returned home she felt a strong perfume for all the rooms (he is said that Pious Father emanated odor of flowers).

www.pietrelcina.biz/

#8: Re: Padre Pio monuments Author: BonValLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:12 pm
    ----
I also posted a Padre Pio Monument from Itri - he actually lived there with the monks for awhile when seeking solitude from the masses of followers.

-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop