Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Web counters
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Web counters Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:13 am
    ----
For those of you with counters on your website, do you show unique visitors or page loads with your counters? Just trying to figure out which one I should show on my homepage.

Thanks!

#2: Re: Web counters Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:17 am
    ----
I use www.statcounter.com/ and love it! I think I got it after I saw it in Cathy's pages Very Happy

Liz Cool

#3: Re: Web counters Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:41 am
    ----
Yeah, I use that too. Thanks, Cathy! Wink What I was wondering is, you can show either how many page loads you have or how many unique visitors you have. So, if you look at my homepage, it says 900 and something on the counter. But that is page loads. Should I change it so it shows visitors, as opposed to page loads?

#4: Re: Web counters Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:30 am
    ----
As you look at your stats it should give you unique visitors and page loads. Did you say 900!!! Shocked Did you start at 0? That's amazing!

#5: Re: Web counters Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:37 am
    ----
Well, 900 is pageloads though. So, is it misleading if I keep that on my counter, or should I use the counter that shows unique visitors, which is more like 200? Just interested in some opinions on this.

#6: Re: Web counters Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:31 pm
    ----
That's still pretty good. Your site has only been up about a month. It took me longer to get those number of hits. This weekend I hardly had any hits at all but most of the hits I got were pretty interesting. Perugia
Umbria, Italy, Cambridge, England, United Kingdom, Sharjah Ash Shariqah, United Arab Emirates, Freiburg Im Breisgau, Baden-wurttemberg, Germany, Sydney,New South Wales, Australia, Paris
Ile-de-france, France, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia and of course, Argentina and Brasil.
Gina had come up with an idea that I liked. We do a Skype conference about genealogy, websites or whatever. Since we have have a number of people in on the session at once, we can do it as a group. I was hoping to wait for Biff but with the service he is getting from Dell we could be waiting a long time. Unless Biff wants to install Skype now?
Let me know what you all think.

-> General Discussion Groups