Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:10 am
    ----
Dear friends,
I want to say THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH to Cathy and Nuccia because they helped me to find the naturalization informations about my uncle (brother of my dad) Francesco Paolo BRUNO.
Without them I wouldn't be able to find them.
Cathy ordered for me some microfilms about naturalization records of Northern California, she took some of her free time to do this research for me. She ordered the microfilm who arrived there in a couple of weeks (here in Trento they arrive after 100 days!!!)
Before ordering the microfilm I sent some reuqests to NARA Archive of Pacific Region and to the Courthouse of San Francisco, and they reply stating "Sorry, nothing was found".
I also tried to ask this infos to my cousin (Francesco Paolo BRUNO' son) with no reply.
I'm trying to get the naturalization record, petition and declaration of intention to make a present for my dad at Christmas time.
Now I have the right informations and the right addresses where to write.
Cathy thanks for calling the government offices for me, Nuccia thanks you for writing the nice letter to government offices in USA.
Thank you.
YOU MADE MY DAY.

party party

Thank you to be part of this forum, thank you to be your friend.
THANK YOU ALWAYS.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES ALWAYS.
Kisses and hugs
Riccardo kiss

#2: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: carnieLocation: Barnsley. South Yorks. PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:23 am
    ----
Great news for you Riccardo, I'm so pleased. I know I have said it before but Gente "Rocks" what a great bunch of people who belong to this family.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#3: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:30 am
    ----
party

Woohoo!!! That's great news, Riccardo!

I don't think I'll ever understand why people who are actually related to us are so hard to get to cooperate and share what they have with us, the ones researching...*shakes head*...is not like we ask for a kidney or some piece of inheritance Mr. Green

Great job, Cathy and Nuccia!!!! kiss *double whap!* Wink

Liz Cool

#4: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:40 am
    ----
It was an absolute pleasure Riccardo. After all you have done for me, it gave me great joy to be able to finally find something for you. Remember though, that index card referred to his name change - you are looking for Frank Paul Bruno in the natuaralzation records. Has anyone checked for his information under that name? Maybe someone with access to Ancestry, etc. can look for him under that name? I will attach what I found on the microfilm so people can look him up. I hope you don't mind Riccardo. Embarassed Here's the link to the index card image:
cathy.napolitan.google...lbruno.jpg

Now, I join the celebration party party
(edited to fix link)

#5: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:26 pm
    ----
Here is what I found on ancestry.

Two Frank Brunos and I don't either fit, but I'll let Riccardo decide.

Frank 3 years old traveling with his parents Filippo and Gloria to New York in 1932.

Frank 15 years old traveling with his parents Frank Sr. and Mary to Alexandria, Louisianna in 1950.

#6: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:28 pm
    ----
party party

Great work, Cathy and Nuccia.

Really happy for you Ricccardo.
You must feel like your walking on clouds.

It's always great to hear this type news.
It kind of feels like you won the lottery.

Vincenza

#7: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:53 pm
    ----
Gina501 wrote:

Frank 3 years old traveling with his parents Filippo and Gloria to New York in 1932.

Frank 15 years old traveling with his parents Frank Sr. and Mary to Alexandria, Louisianna in 1950.

The first one does not look like Riccardo's family, but the second one looks interesting since I know his father's name was also Francesco Paolo and they did live in Louisiana. I asked Gina to provide a copy of the document. Here is the link:
i163.photobucket.com/a...kBruno.jpg

#8: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:03 pm
    ----
Riccardo..we are all so happy for you! Now you can request, again the FOIA using the alien registration number and details to get the complete Citizenship and Immigration file. Maybe you will be able to find that missing manifest now! *crosses fingers*

#9: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:35 pm
    ----
Liz, maybe they are afraid the request for a kidney is coming next. LOL. Great news Riccardo!

#10: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:16 pm
    ----
Riccardo I'm just so happy for you. It's just so nice to see someone who has helped sooo many of us in the past getting some good news himself.
party

Well done to you both too Cathy and Nuccia Very Happy
Emmy

#11: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:34 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Riccardo..we are all so happy for you! Now you can request, again the FOIA using the alien registration number and details to get the complete Citizenship and Immigration file. Maybe you will be able to find that missing manifest now! *crosses fingers*

THANK YOU ALL MY FRIENDS
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES ALWAYS
Nuccia, I thought you said that if I request the FOIA again the government offices will start all over again for other 18 months?!?!?!
The missing manifest is about great grandfather not my uncle.
The card Cathy found is about my uncle
kisses and hugs
Riccardo kiss party

#12: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:53 pm
    ----
Oops..I goofed! Yes, it would delay the process to keep requesting the same info BUT if you have additional info (such as alien number, etc) then it would actually help. Delays only happen when you continuiously ask for the same thing and provide no additional info... OK?

#13: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:57 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Oops..I goofed! Yes, it would delay the process to keep requesting the same info BUT if you have additional info (such as alien number, etc) then it would actually help. Delays only happen when you continuiously ask for the same thing and provide no additional info... OK?

Nuccia,
the gov office replied to me with two different track numbers about my two Francesco Paolo BRUNO, and I don't know which one is about my uncle and about my great grandfather, because they didn't specified!!! Crying or Very sad Confused
What can I do?
ciao Riccardo

#14: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:08 pm
    ----
Gina501 wrote:

Thanks Gina, but no one of those names above are my Frank Paul Bruno
Riccardo

#15: Re: THANK YOU CATHY AND NUCCIA! Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:24 pm
    ----
I didn't think so Riccardo. Sorry for that.

-> General Discussion Groups