Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Has anyone here applied for dual citizenship? Question--
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Has anyone here applied for dual citizenship? Question-- Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:37 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone!

One of the things that got me started with my family research was my desire to pursue Italian citizenship through my relatives that came to the US.

I've been slowly collecting the appropriate documents, and I finally received my first document from Italy, the birth record for my grandmother.

My question is this-- I requested the "Estratto per Riassunto dell'atto di Nascita con Paternita e Maternita" and what I received basically looks like a computer printout with the birth and parental information and the stamp of the comune.

Is this what I need for the citizenship application? If so, great--I guess I was just expecting something a little more "offical" or old-looking. It doesn't look anything like the old handwritted records that you see on the LDS microfilms, although I guess that's probably where the information originally came from. I guess Europe is a few steps ahead of the US here, because most of the US records I've gotten are photocopies of the original handwritten or typed records copied onto "official" paper with the stamp of the dept. of health or other agency.

Anyway, if any of you have done this before, I'd love to know what the docs you received from Italy look like.

#2: Re: Has anyone here applied for dual citizenship? Question-- Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:20 am
    ----
It sounds like you got the right record. Its not a copy of an original document but an extract of the information and has writing in different languages. Hopefully Riccardo will see this and reply. This is his area of expertise and he can tell you exactly what you need and what they look like.

#3: Re: Has anyone here applied for dual citizenship? Question-- Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:51 am
    ----
I have also applied for dual citizenship. What you got is the correct document. A photocopy would be just that - a photocopy. What you got has the stamp which makes it official.

-> General Discussion Groups