Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Adding a gif file
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Adding a gif file Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:22 pm
    ----
I'm trying to add a gif file to my signature block and can't get it to insert. Can anyone give me some instructions?

Thanks

#2: Re: Adding a gif file Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:47 am
    ----
Hi Elizabeth,
I'll try.....

1. Open 'My Account' from l/h sidebar User Info.
2. Open My Personal Profile
3 Place an 'url' around your chosen signature.... Mine for example is like this (without the spaces) :

[url=http :// www.expatsinitaly.com/...s/carole/] My Alpine Settler 'Blog'[/url]

IF it is a small image then you may have to create/copy an url for it and do the same thing.... It could be that you could 'enclose' the url in an image bracket like this:

[img] url etc.....................[/img] that might work - I think!

(it too early for the 'techies' yet!) hide

#3: Re: Adding a gif file Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:07 am
    ----
Upload your gif file to imageshack. Take note of the url address

In your signature block write:
[img]the url address[/img]

#4: Re: Adding a gif file Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:11 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
Upload your gif file to imageshack. Take note of the url address

In your signature block write:
[img]the url address[/img]

Thanks Livio..... kiss

Simple when you know how isn't it!

#5: Re: Adding a gif file Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:59 am
    ----
Thanks Carole and Livio. I'll have to work on the size............it's BIG! lol

#6: Re: Adding a gif file Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:10 am
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:
Thanks Carole and Livio. I'll have to work on the size............it's BIG! lol

When you are about to browse and download it onto Image Shack you need to 'check' the Re-size box and select '100x75 Avatar' it will then do it for you....

#7: Re: Adding a gif file Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:49 pm
    ----
Thanks Carole. I'll give it a try right now.

#8: Re: Adding a gif file Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:01 pm
    ----
Think I need to try it again Carole. This is 100x75 and I'd like it about half this size. I'll fool with it for a few more minutes.

Edit post to add comment

I'll have to wait until my daughter gets home from work so she can help me. When I get it to go smaller it loses the animation.

#9: Re: Adding a gif file Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:39 pm
    ----
Elizabeth,

Feel free to email me the image and I can help you if you like...You can find the email on the surname database..

See, at least it serves a dual purpose now... lol lol lol

#10: Re: Adding a gif file Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:32 pm
    ----
Thanks nuccia. I'll send it right now. I would like it about the size of your dancing mouse and I'd like it to keep the animation. When I make it smaller I lose it.

-> General Discussion Groups