Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Index Pages
-> About Us

#1: Index Pages Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:32 pm
    ----
Ok, after months of attempting to create webpages, I think I have finally found a template I like. And since Cathy's has been driving me insane that I don't have a proper index page for my site, I decided to scrap most of the other pages I've "created" (not all are gone yet, but I am working on it), and make a proper one...or at least the start of a proper one.

Here it is...

www.gentedimareitalian...index.html

What I need from you is this:

1. Your thoughts
2. Do the links I've added so far worked correctly?
3. So far, best viewed in Firefox but I'm still having a problem viewing them in IE. What do you see wrong when you view them? I know each browser is different and I'm trying to test them in all browsers.

Thanks for your help with this.

#2: Re: Index Pages Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:36 pm
    ----
Hi Nuccia,

I have IE and Sicilian genealogy link, calbrian genealogy link and Our family pages link don't do anything. Everything else works great. There is a spelling error on the main page. I think you wanted to say - was that your fathers family passed away one at a time.........it actually reads on at a time. Looks good.

#3: Re: Index Pages Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:42 pm
    ----
I haven't added some of the links (like the ones you've mentioned) yet.. Embarassed but I will check the error now..Thanks.

I am having trouble with the tables of Frosinone in IE...the table seems to drop down on my page... Confused

#4: Re: Index Pages Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:20 pm
    ----
The main page for Frosinone is ok but you are right, the 1860 death index table does drop down. The header or title goes down with it. The 1861 link doesn't do anything yet.

#5: Re: Index Pages Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:28 pm
    ----
I unlinked the 1861 page until I can fix it ...this is driving me insane! I can figure out the "bug" fix I need to get it to view correctly. Oh well..I'll work on the other pages and go back to those or I will get nothing done tonight...lol.

Thanks for your input on this.

#6: Re: Index Pages Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:54 pm
    ----
Nuccia, I actually liked it very much! You know I'm picky, so for me to like it you know you did good Wink

Liz Cool

#7: Re: Index Pages Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:06 pm
    ----
Thanks Liz! I appreciate it!! LOL

#8: Re: Index Pages Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:20 am
    ----
Nuccia, you're doing a great job. I like it!

#9: Re: Index Pages Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:22 am
    ----
Thanks Livio!

kiss

#10: Re: Index Pages Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:00 pm
    ----
Sorry Nuccia! Embarassed I did not mean to drive you crazy. I could never find your pages - you kept moving them. I think the new pages look great. Amazing what you did with that brown template you used. It does not even look the same. Great job.
Look at Liz!! Great new avatar Liz!

#11: Re: Index Pages Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:38 pm
    ----
Awww..Cathy..I know you were kidding. But you were also right. I needed the kick to get me going so thanks.

Yes, I noticed Liz's avatar...maybe we should all take pics and send them to Liz to see if she can create a "group shot" of everyone??

*ducks from Liz* hide

#12: Re: Index Pages Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:17 pm
    ----
The website looks great ---- you don't need to keep your "day job", unless you are a web designer;-)

I did see a few typos (someone else may have already reported these):
peep

Under Cosenza: Basilicata and Spanish
Catanzaro: Ionian
Cortale: Village

Best regards, Charlie

#13: Re: Index Pages Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:58 am
    ----
Embarassed Charlie, I think that's my site with the bad spelling. I am a bi-lingual bad speller. Just ask Livio...he knows. I was fortunate enough to have him correct me on important errors in spelling. I should really proofread. Embarassed I will make sure I correct it tomorrow. Thanks. Nuccia's site is here: www.gentedimareitalian...index.html

#14: Re: Index Pages Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:30 am
    ----
Ok..finally got a bit more records transcribed. The Frosinone death index for 1861 is on online. Thanks to Emmy for these.

www.gentedimareitalian...s1861.html

There are still many more to transcribe so please be patient..I will activate the links once they are live.

#15: Re: Index Pages Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:07 am
    ----
Thanks to Simy, I have managed to translate some of my site into Italian. The link for the Italian Index site is..

www.gentedimareitalian...alian.html
Billie, I'm still adding links but I've manage to link your cousins's site to the WW1 Page..am still trying to organize things..this goes for all the sites. I promise I'll get to it.
With the holidays coming, I haven't been online as much as usual so its been a challenge so keep reminding me...

-> About Us