Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:53 am
    ----
Hello,
I would like to let you know that descendants of people who lived and grew up in the territories of ex Austrian-Hungarian Empire (now territories of Italy, for example Trentino Alto Adige area) can apply for italian dual citizenship only if their ancestors left their homeland before July 16th 1920.

www.trentininelmondo.i...gale2.aspx

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo kiss

#2: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:58 pm
    ----
Thanks Riccardo! Can we post this topic con the General Discussion Board where everyone can see it? I think it would be useful.

#3: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:35 pm
    ----
Yes, please add it to the General Discussion Group
bye Riccardo

#4: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: rosanna PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:04 pm
    ----
Hi everyone!
I have been trying to find the comune in Trentino,my great grandfather was born in for what seems like for ever.
He left Trentino in about 1868 for New Zealand..
His name was Giovanni Franco or Francesco Cristina/Christina b. 18nov 1848.
His mother was Santa Luchi. The family name is now Christini, all the the Christini's in New Zealand are the descendants of Giovanni Cristina.
All the documents we have say he came from Trento,Town fo Tyrol or Tyrol, but mostly Trento,Austria.
I have written to Provincia Autonoma di Trento,Archivio di stato,Comune di Tirolo,Comune di Trento and numerous other comunes. it seems unless I know the comune they can't search for the birth notice!which is understandable but extremely frustrating!
Does any one have a suggestion please!

#5: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:50 am
    ----
Hi Rosanna,

Please read the link I'm providing. I will do a bit more research and post back. Hopefully with the correct location for you to search for the birth act.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...3%BCdtirol

#6: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:33 am
    ----
Rosanna,

LDS has microfilms for church records dating from 1618 to 1924
Trentino-Alto Adige Bolzano - Tirolo - Taufen (Baptizmal records) - Heiraten (marriage records) - Tote (death)
Here is the link.

www.familysearch.org/e...chenbuch++

Before you order your films I'd like Riccardo, Carole, Livio, Nuccia etc. - someone with more knowledge than I, to take a look and make sure I am correct.

#7: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:46 am
    ----
Last name Franco and Cristina are very popular in the region of Trentino Alto Adige.
If he states in his papers to come from Trento, it means that maybe we suppose to check every single church in Trento in order to get his baptismal record. In Trento and surrounding areas there are about 43 churches

www.parrocchie.it/gear...order=nome

I suggest you to write to the archive in Innsbruck in order to see if they have any of his military record

www.landesarchiv-bw.de...rub2_1.php

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

#8: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: rosanna PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:41 pm
    ----
Thanks everyone for your replies.The suggestion made are good ones.I really needed your expertise.
Today I am going to start with the letters to the 43 churches for a baptisimal notice. I have a format for various letters in italian but not one requesting the baptismal notice.Help please?
Does anyone know where the boats left Northern Italy/Europe to come down under-New Zealand Australia?

#9: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:59 pm
    ----
Wait Rosanna!!!!

There is not need to write to every single church of Trento!!!
There is the Archive of Archidiocese of Trento keep the microfilm of church of 223 villages belonging to the province of Trento.
Local government is spending € 93,000 to transcribe them all on a excel file.
I attendent that archive just yesterday (you can attend it only taking an appointment to have a look up on microfilms, before yesterday I waited one month).
While I was there there were 3 people transribing on the computer.
These are the addresses were you need to write.....And say that you need the certificate and or copy of record to apply for citizenship, so your request will go on a faster lane

Provincia Autonoma di Trento
Servizio Emigrazione e Solidarietà internazionale
VIA JACOPO ACONCIO, 5 - 38100 TRENTO - ITALIA
E-mail: serv.emigr-sol.int @ provincia.tn.it
Tel. +39 0461 493154
Fax +39 0461 493155

Archivio Diocesano Tridentino
piazza Fiera, 2 -38100 Trento
tel. 0461 891113 - fax 0461/891201
direttore: don Livio Sparapani
aiuto archivista: Katia Pizzini
archivio @ arcidiocesi.trento.it

Write you request in english and we will translate it into italian
Let us know
bye Riccardo

#10: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:11 pm
    ----
Rosanna I give you a tip, LUCHI last name is from Valsugana area
bye Riccardo

#11: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: rosanna PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:21 pm
    ----
Me again!
Have just been reading over some of the replies I have received from letters I wrote last year requesting Lista di Leva from Archivio di Stato Bolzano, They say: nel nostro Archivio non e conservata la documentazione relativa al Suo antenato.La documentazione militare parte dall'anno di nascita 1875.
Does this mean they did not document it before 1875 or there wasn't military service before 1875? My g.grand father would have been 20 in 1867.
I am asking because I have drafted a letter to Landes Archiv in Innesbruck
requesting a military record(Lista di Leva?) but want to be sure before I press the send button.

#12: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:29 pm
    ----
rosanna,

Riccardo or Livio would be able to answer this question...but unfortunately, most of our Italian members are now sleeping. I'm sure they'll reply soon though.

#13: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: rosanna PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:30 pm
    ----
Thanks Riccardo,
I am happy I don't have to write to 43 churches!
I will write a letter and post it soon for you to translate.

Rosanna

#14: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: ricbruLocation: TRENTO - ITALIA PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:38 pm
    ----
rosanna wrote:
Me again!
Have just been reading over some of the replies I have received from letters I wrote last year requesting Lista di Leva from Archivio di Stato Bolzano, They say: nel nostro Archivio non e conservata la documentazione relativa al Suo antenato.La documentazione militare parte dall'anno di nascita 1875.
Does this mean they did not document it before 1875 or there wasn't military service before 1875? My g.grand father would have been 20 in 1867.
I am asking because I have drafted a letter to Landes Archiv in Innesbruck
requesting a military record(Lista di Leva?) but want to be sure before I press the send button.

Rosanna, Bolzano state archive and Trento state archive have abstract of military papers from around 1872-1875.
The most important think is to understand what was the right last name of your ancestor: FRANCO OR CRISTINA????
Those years as above are considered as birth years, so write to Lands Archive in Innsbruck where there are kept the military records of the men belonging to the Austrian - Hungarian Empire.
I hope I was clear
bye Riccardo

#15: Re: Descendants from Austrian-Hungarian Empire Author: rosanna PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:41 pm
    ----
Letter for translation to Servizio Emigrazione e Solidarieta Internazionale

My name is Rosanna Christini,I am a descendant of Giovanni Franco/ Francesco Cristina who left Italy in 1868 to go to New Zealand.
I wish to apply for Italian citizenship and require the birth certificate of my g.great grandfather. I do not know the comune he was born in but wish to request a search for the birth act.
Giovanni Franco/ Francesco Cristina was born in Trento or Trento Alto Adige on 18 November 1847/48. His father was Giovanni Cristina and his mother was Santa Luchi.
Thankyou for your assistance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Letter for Arcidiocesi, Don Livio Sparapani

My name is Rosanna Christini,I am the g.grand daughter of Giovanni Franco/Francesco Cristina. He was born on 18 November 18 47/48 in Trento.His father was Giovanni Cristina and his mother was Santa Luchi.
I would be very grateful if you would search the records for the Baptismal record in the parishes of Trento.
I need this information to locate the comune my g.grandfather was born in so I can obtain a birth certificate and make an application for Italian citizenship.
Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to hearing from you.

-> General Discussion Groups