Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Ship manifest needed
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Ship manifest needed Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:53 am
    ----
A relative of mine was in transit through Ellis Island on Feb 3, 1946, on the ship Marques De Comillas sailing from Habana, Cuba. I cannot find any more the ship manifest.
His name was Vitalio de la TORRE PEREZ and he was traveling with his wife Ernestina DOLLERO DE LA TORRE and their daughter Luz Teresa DE LA TORRE DOLLERO.
Any help would be appreciated! Razz Razz Razz

#2: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:03 am
    ----
Livio,

Could this be the manifest you want?

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Vitalio de la Torre Perez
Name: Vitalio de la Torre Perez
Arrival Date: 3 Feb 1946
Estimated birth year: abt 1892
Port of Departure: Havana, Cuba
Ethnicity/Race-
/Nationality: Cuban
Ship Name: Marques De Comillas
Search Ship Database: Search the Marques De Comillas in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Nativity: Cuba
Line: 4
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_7058
Birth Location: Cuba
Birth Location Other: yaguajan
Page Number: 246

Manifest

Ok, late for work..gotta run! Hope this helps.

#3: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:52 am
    ----
That was really fast! thank you Nuccia party

#4: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:06 am
    ----
hide I have an additional request

Adolfo Dollero (the father in law of Vitalio De La Torre, and also the brother of my maternal grandfather) was in transit through Key West, Florida, two times:

April 4, 1914 on the ship Governor Cobb and July 26, 1921 on the ship Miami.

#5: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:33 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
:escape: I have an additional request

Adolfo Dollero (the father in law of Vitalio De La Torre, and also the brother of my maternal grandfather) was in transit through Key West, Florida, two times:

April 4, 1914 on the ship Governor Cobb and July 26, 1921 on the ship Miami.

I hope this works for you Livio - if not you'll have to wait for the "Boss" I guess!

1914 - TWO pages (3 & 4) of manifest:

>1914 Page 3<

>1914 Page 4<

1921 - TWO pages (29 & 30) of manifest:

>1921 Page 29<

>1921 Page 30<

#6: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:12 pm
    ----
Grazie mille Carole!!!
They are rather hard to read but I believe I will survive!!!
Thank you again kiss kiss kiss

#7: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:36 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
Grazie mille Carole!!!
They are rather hard to read but I believe I will survive!!!
Thank you again kiss kiss kiss

I have found over time (before I had Ancestry) that if I opened Image Shack images like these and then highlighted the image - then right click and 'copy' then I would copy onto a Word document where I could enlarge the document up to even 500% (?)...but definitely much larger than that seen here...

#8: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:54 pm
    ----
I will never finish learning!!!!!!! Grazie

#9: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:51 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
That was really fast! thank you Nuccia party

You're welcome, Livio. I just happened to be online when you posted that and it only took a minute since I had ancestry already opened.

The funny thing I noticed was that there were two more manifests for a person with ALMOST the same name, born in the same year, coming from Cuba. He was first a student, I think..it was just too coincidental. I didn't have to time look them over over link them since I had to go to work but if you want, I can link them later. MAybe they'll ring a bell for you?

#10: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:27 am
    ----
Nuccia, yes I would like to see the other two manifests.
Grazie

#11: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:33 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:

The funny thing I noticed was that there were two more manifests for a person with ALMOST the same name, born in the same year, coming from Cuba. He was first a student, I think..it was just too coincidental. I didn't have to time look them over over link them since I had to go to work but if you want, I can link them later. MAybe they'll ring a bell for you?

Nuccia, can you post the two manifests? hide

#12: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:43 am
    ----
Oops..sorry Livio. I thought I posted them. I'll do that now... Embarassed Embarassed

#13: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:50 am
    ----
Ok...here area a few other manifests that are interesting..

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about de la Vitalio Torre Y Perez
Name: de la Vitalio Torre Y Perez
Arrival Date: 23 Jul 1950
Estimated birth year: abt 1892
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/Race-
/Nationality: Cuban
Ship Name: Conte Biancamano
Search Ship Database: Search the Conte Biancamano in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 17
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_7863
Page Number: 126

1950 Manifest

More coming...

#14: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:06 am
    ----
Grazie. That's always him. This time he is traveling from Naples to Cuba. He was the Cuban consul in Italy at that time and he was living in the same building where my parents lived...

#15: Re: Ship manifest needed Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:06 am
    ----
Not sure if these would be helpful, but something to look at anyways...birth year is close.

Florida Passenger Lists, 1898-1951
about Vitalio Torres
Name: Vitalio Torres
Arrival Date: 6 Jun 1921
Birth Date: abt 1893
Nationality/Race: Cuban
Ship: Cuba
Port of Departure: Havana, Cuba
Port of Arrival: Key West, Florida
Last Residence: Cuba
Birth Location: Cuba
Birth Location Other: Havana