Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Personal Sites Index?
-> Announcements

#1: Personal Sites Index? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:55 pm
    ----

We (Nuccia and I) have been discussing the fact that many of us have personal sites. I have for example my 'blog', my Translation service, my Alpine Settler Story which included what 'will be' my first (but hopefully not my last) family genealogy site like you all have.....

But back to all of our 'other' sites - the idea is to set up an INDEX where all of these can be hosted by "Gente" and accessible by everyone.

Your thoughts would really be appreciated on this!

#2: Re: Personal Sites Index? Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:41 pm
    ----
I think it's a great idea Carole. One thought I had was for all of you that offer services, I think you should make a selection on the index for Professional Services and then list your Translation services, Genealogy services in Canada, Siciliy etc. and when you click on Pro Services , up comes each of your services so people can choose based on their needs. I would keep this apart from the blogs, peoples family web pages etc. I think it would be much cleaner and definately easier for guests coming to the site looking for help.

What do you think?

#3: Re: Personal Sites Index? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:26 pm
    ----
BillieDeKid wrote:
I think it's a great idea Carole. One thought I had was for all of you that offer services, I think you should make a selection on the index for Professional Services and then list your Translation services, Genealogy services in Canada, Siciliy etc. and when you click on Pro Services , up comes each of your services so people can choose based on their needs. I would keep this apart from the blogs, peoples family web pages etc. I think it would be much cleaner and definately easier for guests coming to the site looking for help.

What do you think?

Billie..this sounds good and I have started separating them. Hope others will posts their thoughts too. Will let you know once we have it set up the way we think you all will like it.

#4: Re: Personal Sites Index? Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:31 pm
    ----
I think it is a great idea, you are all working so hard this site is going to easily pass up many of the other sites. Nuccia and Carole you guys rule!

#5: Re: Personal Sites Index? Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:15 pm
    ----
Sounds great. The more exposure, the better!

#6: Re: Personal Sites Index? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:29 pm
    ----
I love the idea! Count me in. I have to apologize...I have been working hard on my new websites and have not spent a lot of time here. Embarassed Sorry. I'll try to be better. hide

#7: Re: Personal Sites Index? Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:22 pm
    ----
Me too Cathy. I have been working on our fundraiser at work but now it's over and I should be back to Gente form.

-> Announcements